97 K3500 CC 454 project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Not much going on with this thing lately, work is nuts right now.
Did go through and check some stuff today for the misfire issue. MAF looked clean, no reason to suspect it. Fuel pressure is 55 primed, 50 idle. Bleeds down 8-10psi in a minute with key off. Starts right away tho, no trouble. Pulled plugs, I think 4 were wet with fuel but the others were dry.
Going to rent a compression gauge tomorrow to verify base engine is good.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Also found the OG manual! It's in pieces but it's there. As well as receipt for fuel pump work done in 2014 lol decided RPO codes, has 4.10 gears and gov-lock assuming nobody has been in there yet.
You must be registered for see images attach
Mine was like that too. I fixed it with Elmer's white glue and held it in place with a bunch of rubber bands. Looks like new now. The glue dries clear and is similar to what the manual was assembled with from the printers. Just don't get heavy handed with it or you'll glue up more than you want to!

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pressure is 55 primed, 50 idle. Bleeds down 8-10psi in a minute with key off. Starts right away tho, no trouble. Pulled plugs, I think 4 were wet with fuel but the others were dry.
Going to rent a compression gauge tomorrow to verify base engine is good.
You have a problem. If you run it for about 15 minutes, turn it off for 15, and then try to restart what happens? Also, what's on your odometer? Be particularly diligent with the compression readings on the cylinders with the wet plugs.

Reaction score
You have a problem. If you run it for about 15 minutes, turn it off for 15, and then try to restart what happens? Also, what's on your odometer? Be particularly diligent with the compression readings on the cylinders with the wet plugs.

I havent run it to temp and tried restarting yet. When I went to look at it, it ran for maybe 5-10 minutes and didn't have issues restarting. I will be testing tomorrow morning and will post back with results.

xjsciortino

Reaction score
Wet plugs and fuel pressure drop sounds like a pressure regulator. If you swap it out, I'd look into upgrading the injectors too while you have it apart. I've heard there is a ford injector that has 4 holes that works in place of the 454 injector. Should atomize fuel better which should give a slight mpg boost and slight power increase. Injectors are the next thing I want to upgrade for my truck, but the weather kinda kills any work for me lately

Reaction score
Wet plugs and fuel pressure drop sounds like a pressure regulator. If you swap it out, I'd look into upgrading the injectors too while you have it apart. I've heard there is a ford injector that has 4 holes that works in place of the 454 injector. Should atomize fuel better which should give a slight mpg boost and slight power increase. Injectors are the next thing I want to upgrade for my truck, but the weather kinda kills any work for me lately

That and the fact the oil smells of gas...suspecting leakage like you said that's causing the wet plugs, the misfire, the rich exhaust, the fuel in oil, and pressure drop...we'll find out tho!