1996 CC K3500 dually “working classic”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
I finally found a good enough deal to convince myself to pull the trigger on one of my dream trucks. An obs crew cab.

1996 k3500 dually. 454 4x4 4.10 gears and only 150k miles. Clean as a whistle, absolutely no rust on the body only surface rust on the chassis. This truck also has the bw 4401 transfer case instead of a np241 Whitch is cool. There are nicer trucks out there but it’s well know they are way too much money. Very happy with the deal I got on this one. Really looking forward to building this truck and modernizing it. I plan for it to be my new daily driver.

Have also acquired a cheap welding bed for it that I have ordered steel to rebuild to suit my needs.

Current mods that are topping the to do list:

-0411 pcm swap so I can tune the dern thing
-Build the transmission (Jake’s stage 2)
-clean and paint chassis
-go through suspension with new bushings and check all components.
-new radiator, hoses, and tune up.
-service the differentials.
-new front clip and mirrors
-custom built flatbed
-have the truck and flatbed painted, fully color matched. (gm sterling metallic)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Hi, awesome truck. What are your plans for the bed?

Welding body style bed but made to be more of a service body. Have fabbed fenders coming out and 3 recessed toolboxes across the back. Half cab gaurd up at the front with a chest tool box.

Nice score, what part of the Carolinas you in?

Eastern NC

Glad to see someone scored it. I had it saved when the dude wanted almost 10K for it, I figured it would've been up for a while longer!

I will consider myself lucky! He came down quite a bit from that price. I drove 3 and a half hours to buy it haha. This one’s worth saving.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will consider myself lucky! He came down quite a bit from that price. I drove 3 and a half hours to buy it haha. This one’s worth saving.
I figured the price drop from 9500 to what? 5500? was a step in the right direction, but I figured it would've sat longer! Got to say the 285s on a dually make me feel a certain kind of way, definitely rethinking keeping my K3500 a SRW!

CarolinaOBS

ZIP TIES AND PB BLASTER
Reaction score
Waiting on parts to get to work on the truck. Meantime been working on the bed. I Drew up a quick sketch to kind of get an idea of how I want the bed layout will be. Fenders are in Rest of the Steel supposed to be here this week.

I figured the price drop from 9500 to what? 5500? was a step in the right direction, but I figured it would've sat longer! Got to say the 285s on a dually make me feel a certain kind of way, definitely rethinking keeping my K3500 a SRW!

I ended up giving 5k for it, he wouldn’t budge anymore. Oh yea I love the srw trucks but the beefy stance on the dually definitely has appeal haha.

Congrats! Will you be using it as a daily work truck or for personal use? My 2012 2500 made me a lot of money on the pipelines, that’s why I ask. Very cool build!

Both, me and my dad run our business and we have newer ram diesels for work but I do a lot of buying and selling project cars to fund my projects and I need a service truck with a full tool setup for working on stuff in the field and doing off work hauling. Also high likelihood I’ll daily drive it because it’s just cool as hell to me haha