K3500 frame dimensions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deuce95

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2000 k3500 classic style crew long bed dually. I am planning to put a service flatbed on this truck in the future and wanted to see if anyone had a diagram of the rear frame. I have found examples for cab and chassis trucks but nothing for regular frames so far. Thanks.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The regular longbed pickups have a 4" shorter wheelbase than a C&C truck, and the frames are shaped differently as well. So in other words, you can't buy a service bed that was meant for a C&C and expect it to fit your truck, as it won't.

There are service style beds made for regular pickup frames but they are less common, and will be specific to brand and model instead of more universal like ones that fit C&C's.

Richard

Deuce95

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Guessing the OP has a K 30943.

Might be helpful to search the above document for that ,with the space between the K and 30943.

That's just a guess though.

Best of luck.
I might be wrong, but I believe that is for a 2020 pickup.
Ok so that model number covers a variety of years.
The link from df2x4, is the correct model but still doesn't have the width/ height of the frame, just lengths.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240125-070528.png
    Screenshot_20240125-070528.png
    623.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
I might be wrong, but I believe that is for a 2020 pickup.
Ok so that model number covers a variety of years.
The link from df2x4, is the correct model but still doesn't have the width/ height of the frame, just lengths.

Page 88 has a couple of measurements.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure if it helps, but it looks like the height of the frame and width between the rails is listed for the very rear (inside dimensions).

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Page 88 has a couple of measurements.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure if it helps, but it looks like the height of the frame and width between the rails is listed for the very rear (inside dimensions).
That taper at the rear is also one of the big differences between a C&C and a regular pickup. C&C's are ladder straight and 34" apart once they kick up behind the cab, all the way to the rear. The C&C rear axle is also about 8" narrower than a regular dually rear.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have that?

They're all available here for free. If you don't see the year you need in the first post keep scrolling, other members have added to the collection over time.