Mr. Jangles 99 K3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've had some slow progress here last week or so. Work and mother nature been getting in the way of progress. I did get new HVAC doors, evap and the heater box drain. Don't have them installed yet waiting on some sound deadening material to lay down first and going to do another wash or 5. Got the insulation pulled off the firewall and it was nasty.

Did 1 round of cleaning. Sprayed with a degreaser/cleaner let it sit for a while and scrubbed as best I could with the brush I had. Most of the metal and seam sealer is looking pretty clean but the smell is still there its way better but still there. I need to get the door panels off and clean them. I'm hoping that is where the smell is still coming from. I hope the headliner isn't full of the stink but I'm sure it is. I have no idea how to remove it. I guess I'll have to do some research on how to. It needs a new one anyway. If I have to pull it hopefully I can save the foam.

Hopefully mother nature is in a good mood even though they say she won't be and I can get some work done. I guess even If I cant work on the truck itself I have tons of bolts to get cleaned up. Goal for this weekend is get the door panels off, get the rust taken care of and maybe the hardware cleaned up. I'll try and get more pics in as I go along.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bit more progess. Decided to pull the head liner and check up there. Glad I did. The fabric had a hole in it but I didn't know the foam had a nice hole in it. It must have been tasty because they had a good sized nest next to it. Been looking but I can't seem to find any replacement pieces for a crew cab headliner. Not sure what Im going to to do yet but I'll get it figured out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Got the door panels off. They all looked about like this.

They seemed to clean up pretty nicely

Got all the rust on the floor boards cleaned up and primed. Might get another can and give it all one more coat.

Goal for next week is finish getting the HVAC box rebuilt. Get the sound deadening stuff put down when it shows up and work on putting the interior back together as much as I can.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Got a bit more progess. Decided to pull the head liner and check up there. Glad I did. The fabric had a hole in it but I didn't know the foam had a nice hole in it. It must have been tasty because they had a good sized nest next to it. Been looking but I can't seem to find any replacement pieces for a crew cab headliner. Not sure what Im going to to do yet but I'll get it figured out.

Got the door panels off. They all looked about like this.

They seemed to clean up pretty nicely

Got all the rust on the floor boards cleaned up and primed. Might get another can and give it all one more coat.

Goal for next week is finish getting the HVAC box rebuilt. Get the sound deadening stuff put down when it shows up and work on putting the interior back together as much as I can.
Now I know what Rawhide will look like nekkid....
Do you know what the color code is?

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now I know what Rawhide will look like nekkid....
Do you know what the color code is?
Well not totally nekkid. Still has the steering column for some reason. Don't know why I didn't pull it. I dont know the code for sure. I know the rpo codes are readable I'll have to find the glove box in the pile of parts. I'll find it this evening and post it

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Well not totally nekkid. Still has the steering column for some reason. Don't know why I didn't pull it. I dont know the code for sure. I know the rpo codes are readable I'll have to find the glove box in the pile of parts. I'll find it this evening and post it
Looks like Pewter Metallic, with the gray interior; that's like my '99 C1500 Burb. Don't know about the pickups, but 1 in 3 Suburbans built in the '99 model year were the RPO code 11 Pewter Metallic. GMC calls that color Light Autumnwood Metallic and Cadillac calls it Silversand.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like Pewter Metallic, with the gray interior; that's like my '99 C1500 Burb. Don't know about the pickups, but 1 in 3 Suburbans built in the '99 model year were the RPO code 11 Pewter Metallic. GMC calls that color Light Autumnwood Metallic and Cadillac calls it Silversand.
Interesting. The title says it's silver but to my eyes it is closer to the brown scale. But as a friend of mine says I use my man eyes so I miss some things.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Interesting. The title says it's silver but to my eyes it is closer to the brown scale. But as a friend of mine says I use my man eyes so I miss some things.
Pewter Metallic, to me, is like the color carburetors are anodized, silver and gold mixed. Rawhide gets his name from the VIN number report that @Caman96 did when I got the truck; it called it "Rawhide Metallic". The other report said it was Light Autumnwood Metallic, which is what GMC calls their version of pewter. Not the same color....in this shot that's visible.

Attachments

• IMG_20240416_155537165.jpg
    IMG_20240416_155537165.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 2

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the GM paint names are developed by marketing people without regard to their actual color. They'll even have multiple names for the same paint.