Mr. Jangles 99 K3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally got the deal sealed on this truck. Its a 99 K3500 DRW. 6.5 NV4500 129k. I have dubbed it Mr. Jangles because it is very mousy smelling inside. From what I know history wise is the guy parked and bought a new duramax truck. 4 months later he passed away. The family tried selling it for years but no one would buy it because it didn't run. A former employer's worker bought it for the bed for a another project. He ended up not needing the box.
Turns out all it needed to run was a new PMD. Body has very little rust and dents. Only issue is they had a headache rack on it with a tie down that went into the stake hole and expanded. It has cracked the top of the bedside on both sides due to it being loose. Rear bumper is mangled a bit but not bad.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Also came with a free radiator and other things for something.

This is the worst of the body damage.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a little bit on it today. Hooked the batterys back up and installed the PMD on its extension harness at let it run. I think its going to need a CTS or has a harness issue. While running and almost up to temp sounded like the pump timing advanced and started to after glow like it would on cold day. It was 45ish out so it shouldn't have had to after glow at roughy 150 degrees coolant temp. I'll have to get it moved so I can hose the mouse house parts away and get the intake pulled and inspect the harness before I jump to a CTS. If the harness checks out ok all the better to get it out from under the intake anyway.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haven't had much time to do much last few weeks. Was able to get the inside sorta cleaned. It smells a whole lot better. Now that I have as much of the mouse dropping and nesting material cleaned out I'm going to start stripping the interior and pull the carpet for a better cleaning. While cleaning I found they made nests in the HVAC ducting so I am for sure going to have to pull the dash so I can get all that cleaned up. It probably needs new HVAC doors anyway.

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While cleaning I found they made nests in the HVAC ducting so I am for sure going to have to pull the dash so I can get all that cleaned up. It probably needs new HVAC doors anyway.
Nice score. Cracks at the pocket aren't nothin, rear fenders look in good shape. Well, the one I can see.

Initially started reading your post, and was going to say you might as well plan on pulling the whole dash. Those are pee trails by top of those seats along the headrests, figured there was no way they didn't have homes under the dash, and the space behind the kick panels probably have nests in them also.

I gutted everything out of mine, and took a power washer to the inside. Didn't think I was ever going to get the smell out. We were pulling it home, and I had a mouse running around the inside, as I'm trying not to barf all over myself, while also trying to to breath in all the hantavirus. Seats looked like yours too. I soaked them in greased lightining, and baking soda, then power washed them till all the water coming out was clear. Seat came out good, and no more smell now.

There's a CCLB DRW K3500 sitting some miles down the highway. Ive debated on seeing if they want to part with it, so my extended cab has a friend. but I dunno if I want to do it all over again, been out in a grassy field also.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice score. Cracks at the pocket aren't nothin, rear fenders look in good shape. Well, the one I can see.

Initially started reading your post, and was going to say you might as well plan on pulling the whole dash. Those are pee trails by top of those seats along the headrests, figured there was no way they didn't have homes under the dash, and the space behind the kick panels probably have nests in them also.

I gutted everything out of mine, and took a power washer to the inside. Didn't think I was ever going to get the smell out. We were pulling it home, and I had a mouse running around the inside, as I'm trying not to barf all over myself, while also trying to to breath in all the hantavirus. Seats looked like yours too. I soaked them in greased lightining, and baking soda, then power washed them till all the water coming out was clear. Seat came out good, and no more smell now.

There's a CCLB DRW K3500 sitting some miles down the highway. Ive debated on seeing if they want to part with it, so my extended cab has a friend. but I dunno if I want to do it all over again, been out in a grassy field also.
Yes both rear fenders are in good shape. Just have some of the clear starting to peal a bit. Yeah that's what I figured that what it was by the headrests. They had fairly large homes under the rear seat. When vacuuming it sounded like I was just sucking up a bunch of gravel. It wasn't gravel under there but I just kept telling my self it was. Haven't gotten around to pull anything out yet might try tomorrow. Spent part of the day building a workbench for the garage and trying to get it sorted out so I can walk around with out tripping over stuff. Need to build an add on so I have a place for my lawn mower and snow blower. I wish the truck would fit in there. It should just barely fit width wise but will hang out 3-4 ft length wise. I think MY ECLB will just fit if I pull the receiver hitch. Might have to add on length wise so they will for sure fit.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I pulled the dash out of Roscoe, every time I unbolted another piece, more mouse nest and turds fell out. Every stinking bit of that truck was full of mouse turds. Afterwards I was talking with one of my Air Force buddies who grew up on a reservation, and he informed me of the horrors of Hanta virus. It will kill you and there's no cure. I take mouse turds much more seriously now.

I'd wear a respirator and disassemble it all.