Best Wiper Blades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Just the cheap menards $3 wiper blades. Going on 1 year now. Still work fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run Michellin Stealth blades on mine. I like the smooth look with the cover and the blades leave no "dry spots" either. Had them for about 3 years now. Wipes the water right off fine like they should.

I put these on 3 weeks ago and love em. Better than the ANCO and Rain-X I used to use.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Michelin Stealths look interesting for sure. Didn't realize Michelin even made wiper blades. They call the Stealth a "hybrid" blade instead of a beam blade, and it looks like a different design from all the other options I've seen. Maybe I'll give them a try before I go back to factory.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just thought I would update, I ended up giving up on the beam style and going back to ACDelco factory blades. I must say, I'm very happy with that decision. No more weirdness, they just work! Will update on longevity once they've had some time in service.

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
AC Delco makes beam style and I had a set of those last over a year for me, currently running Trico forces, I'm happy so far with 7 months of use. Personally I can't prove if it really helps or not but every few weeks I'll spray window cleaner on a towel and wipe down the blades and you wouldn't believe the amount of crud that comes off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I'm digging this thread back up to report something interesting. Or at least I thought it was mildly interesting. I've been running what I thought were the OEM wiper blades for years now, but it turns out they were the ACDelco "Professional" series. Should have known better than to trust the parts lookup on ACDelco's website.

Anyway, I looked up the real part number on Wholesale GM Parts and this is what I came up with. Part number 93441742 is the legit OEM 18" ACDelco wiper blade. They're around $12-$14 each depending on where you order them from. They come in a vacuum sealed bag that is a pain to open. They look way more solid than the "Professional" series blades, these are solid blades whereas the Pros have little cutouts on the body. Also the rubber on these OEM units is much softer to the touch than what's on the Pros. Haven't had a chance to use them yet but I put them on the red truck yesterday, they look promising. I'll post some pics later if anyone cares to see the differences.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned it but getting a windshield really clean might help with the skipping and other issues. I had a new windshield put in when it was painted a couple months ago but i will still use some rubbing compound to make sure theres no overspray on it. I noticed this on the wifes car after I had been painting parts in the carport on a windy day.

ima93chevyguy

Zip-Tie Mechanic
Reaction score
I've used rainx coating for years and I just recently ceramic coated my glass. My wiper blades will always skip after 6 months or so. Of course I buy the cheapest thing you can buy at walmart because I hardly use them. I'm sure better blades would be less prone to skipping.

Highly recommend using some form of hydrophobic coating on the windshield. Definitely helps.

I remember reading somewhere a while back how the professional series is really just a knockoff and to make sure you always just get regular AC Delco because that's really OEM.