Best Wiper Blades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
So far, the Wally world rain x blades are doing fine on my truck. Heading into the second fall season with them.
My Crown Vic however, NOTHING lasts more than 6 months before the wiping part tears away from the rest of the blade. Grrr!

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly what is AC Delco doing? The 8-118 (89000976) wiper blades that lasted nearly 4 years are now a beam style blade but same part #. The pic on Amazon showed the old wiper but Rock Auto shows the new style like I was shipped. It did not even fit, or maybe it does but it did not pop on super easy so I put it back in the box. New ones do not even say AC Delco on them.
I ended up buying Vietnamese made Michelins at Walmart for $7 something a piece that work but I bet instead of years I get months out of em.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220220-232709_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220220-232709_Gallery.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 10

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I just bought the US made Trico Ultras through Rockauto for my Volvo.... passenger side works great, but the driver's side has an arm issue, but I assume it'll work well once I get that figure out. I think the beam style looks a little clunky, to be honest, but I didn't want traditional frames in the winter.

The truck will likely get a new pair of the Denso traditional frames.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
May as well update, it's been a while...

The OEM GM 93441742 blades on my '97s are approaching two years of age and are still working great. No noise or chatter, and they're just now starting to leave some tiny little streaks. These blades are better than any of the aftermarket options I've tried by far.

98 Nitro

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
May as well update, it's been a while...

The OEM GM 93441742 blades on my '97s are approaching two years of age and are still working great. No noise or chatter, and they're just now starting to leave some tiny little streaks. These blades are better than any of the aftermarket options I've tried

I just figured I would buy the all season ones that lasted nearly 4 years again and the Amazon image showed the old style, but yeah I will be looking for the OEM's now.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have these Beam style wipers, they'll last maybe a year with one or two times use in this climate :(
You must be registered for see images attach

But they do look good :biggrin:

You must be registered for see images attach