Taking wiper blade suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I need some new wiper blades for the truck. Looking at them today, I see my Bosch conventional frame wipers are starting to rot and fall apart. Shopping on Rockauto, I don't see Bosch listed anymore, and the non-Economy Denso wipers I bought in the past aren't listed anymore either. Only Denso I see is in the Economy section. I bought economy Denso wipers for my Volvo 850 and hey didn't fit.... got a refund, Though.

After getting the refund I ordered some Valeo Ultimate Traditional wipers in the "improved frame" section, but they haven't arrived yet.... kinda hate to order more before I see the ones I already bought.

I'd kinda like to go with traditional frames, or improved frames, as I don't think "beam" wipers look quite right on older vehicles, but I'm open to suggestions.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I’ve been using these. Cheap and they work.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hmm, those look like the passenger side wiper that I have on my Volvo S70. I think it's a Goodyear? I'll have to look. That frame shape is pretty unique.

Those look pretty good, and the price is right.... competitive with Rock, for sure.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, those look like the passenger side wiper that I have on my Volvo S70. I think it's a Goodyear? I'll have to look. That frame shape is pretty unique.

Those look pretty good, and the price is right.... competitive with Rock, for sure.
Actually, you can get the GM Genuine on RockAuto for $8.76.

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not usually in the “buy cheap and replace often” camp but, I’ve had better luck going that route with wipers. Some of the more modern vehicles need the new beam type because of the shape of modern windshields, whereas the older stuff usually sees a hinderance using them.

The center of the beam type won’t have enough pressure to be affective on the older flatter glass.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not usually in the “buy cheap and replace often” camp but, I’ve had better luck going that route with wipers. Some of the more modern vehicles need the new beam type because of the shape of modern windshields, whereas the older stuff usually sees a hinderance using them.

The center of the beam type won’t have enough pressure to be affective on the older flatter glass.
Me too, these seem to work as good if not better than others I’ve tried.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Actually, you can get the GM Genuine on RockAuto for $8.76.

You must be registered for see images attach

This is weird, they don't come up for my truck. I have that issue with oil filters sometimes too.... 99 is a split year for oil filters on the 454, so sometimes both styles won't show.

I can find them with the part number search, and the "Buyer's Guide" shows them fitting 94-2000. I guess 88-93 must be the pin style, like my 69 Buick uses.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is weird, they don't come up for my truck. I have that issue with oil filters sometimes too.... 99 is a split year for oil filters on the 454, so sometimes both styles won't show.

I can find them with the part number search, and the "Buyer's Guide" shows them fitting 94-2000. I guess 88-93 must be the pin style, like my 69 Buick uses.
I found them after entering my truck information on Acdelco.com and then checked the price out in RockAuto.