1995 C2500 "Cheryl" - New Member!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C2500Ryan

Reaction score
Evening Gents! My name is Ryan. A few of you have already helped me with some issues on this forum, (thank you kindly for that), but I wanted to give you guys a formal hello!

About a month ago I purchased a 95' C2500 with 240k on the clock. How I actually ended up with this truck is a bit of a story. Admittedly I used to drive an F150 which I bought in high school. 5 years later I am a senior in college and about to graduate, and the next next thing I knew my engine blows up. I have learned to hate the 5.4 Triton.

After hours of pouring through craigslist, I realized that I needed to buy something simple and easy to work on that would "last me 1-2 years". My answer was the GMT400 platform.

Little did I know, I actually would end up falling in love with this truck.

You must be registered for see images attach

I THOUGHT I loved my last truck, but this C2500 has my heart and has inspired me to try to restore it as much as I can on my college budget (soon to be working full time budget). I've been to pick-n-pull more times in the last month, than I have in my entire life.

Here's a short list of what I've done so far:

1. Grind down frame and chemically treat it, repaint and fluid film it.

2. Replace the badges w/ OEM Silverado Badges

3. Rebuilt front end: New ball joints, pittman, idler arms, tie rods.

4. New spark plugs and wires, distributor cap

5. Found OEM matching floor mats @ Pick-n-pull

6. New Cooper Discoverer AT3 LT Tires

7. New Bosch Wipers

8. Toolbox

9. Replaced worn interior moldings from Pick-N-Pull

10. Saddle Bag seat covers (Found after this photo @ Pick-N-Pull)

Thanks for checking out my post, and I appreciate any help you guys end up giving me in the future! I look forward to updating you guys on future upgrades.

If you have any suggestions on how to keep this beauty in top shape I am all ears. I'd like to think I know a good amount on maintaining my truck, but I think there is always more to learn. Experience is the best teacher.

I am utterly amazed how clean the rockers/fenders are for this truck. I live in the rust belt, and this truck is 110% cleaner than my previous truck, which was 12 YEARS NEWER.

Thanks,
Ryan