Taking wiper blade suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Like loose on the post? I wonder if a little piece of tin foil would fix that?

Yes, on the post. When I have them up, and lower them slowly by hand, I can see the other end of the arm rotate on the post, as the spring pulls it. It can't come off since the lock is in place. I wonder if the splines in the arms are simply worn out, or maybe my replacement wiper "transmission" has undersize posts and I just never noticed it before. I had to replace it a number of years ago, and I think the replacement was a Dorpoop.

Tinfoil, would be interesting. Maybe I'll try it. No time today, Though.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, on the post. When I have them up, and lower them slowly by hand, I can see the other end of the arm rotate on the post, as the spring pulls it. It can't come off since the lock is in place. I wonder if the splines in the arms are simply worn out, or maybe my replacement wiper "transmission" has undersize posts and I just never noticed it before. I had to replace it a number of years ago, and I think the replacement was a Dorpoop.

Tinfoil, would be interesting. Maybe I'll try it. No time today, Though.
Yeah, I’ve never done that, just popped into my head reading your post.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here they are mounted back on my dirty and rusty truck. The arms struck me as being kind of loose when I was re-installing them.
Those look good! You don’t want them to tight, you’ll never get them off again :anitoof:

If you have an automatic center punch or spring punch you could give it a couple divots to take up some of the slack.
Like loose on the post? I wonder if a little piece of tin foil would fix that?
:Whoa: