Taking wiper blade suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I've got basically the same truck you have, and noted your comment about oil filters. If you care, the very best oil filter you could run is a Wix 51060. You won't find it listed for our engines,

Rockauto lists it for my truck... sorta. They say for 2wd, even though I'm looking up a 4wd truck. They call out the shorter filter for 4wd. It's like they don't understand the VIN split.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Wipers arrived, but have not yet installed them. I've pulled both old wipers and the arms. Man these wiper arms have seen better days. I briefly considered buying some new ones, but I think if I scrub them up, and give them a new coat of black paint and they'll be fine. I just have to have the time to do that.

Checking my Rockauto account, it looks like the Bosch blades that I'm replacing were new in May of 2020.

BOSCH 40718A

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I just scrubbed up the wiper arms with Fantastic and an old toothbrush. I've got them hanging in the kitchen, so they're ready for paint when I get up. They're clean, but look even less black now. I'm a little amazed/ashamed I let them get this bad. It's not like painting them is difficult. I'll have to see what I've got, on hand, for paint. I've been using Rustoleum's 2X paint for things, recently.

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why do i buy stuff without looking on here first? Bought trico beam style ceramic/silicone/secret decoder ring blades. Lasted 1 week before driver side started flopping around. Arrrrgh...

jd33173

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bosch blades are OEM on Mercedes and BMW. Work great until they don't.
Just like mercedes and bmw vehicles, my daily is a amg glc43 and my previous one 2018 amg glc 43 started delaminating around 80k miles, needless to say the most important german words are "extended warranty"

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Why do i buy stuff without looking on here first? Bought trico beam style ceramic/silicone/secret decoder ring blades. Lasted 1 week before driver side started flopping around. Arrrrgh...

I'm not super thrilled with the Trico wipers on one of my Volvos. I just moved them from one to the other, and I noticed tonight the passenger side was having a bit of a hard time clearing the washer fluid.... of course it's slightly below freezing too. I think I'm more disappointed in the spray RainX I bought. It doesn't seem to be the equivalent of the stuff I used to buy in the little yellow bottle. I wonder if it's because it's a spray formulation or if whatever used to make it worked got banned.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
So wrapping this up, here are a few pictures.

This was a super quick spray when it was really too cold to be painting outside. My phone was showing 50F.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see here what looks like a run. I wasn't spraying heavy at all, but the cold makes paint act weird. The arms had just come from the house, so they were warmer than the air.

Here they are mounted back on my dirty and rusty truck. The arms struck me as being kind of loose when I was re-installing them.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So wrapping this up, here are a few pictures.

This was a super quick spray when it was really too cold to be painting outside. My phone was showing 50F.

You can see here what looks like a run. I wasn't spraying heavy at all, but the cold makes paint act weird. The arms had just come from the house, so they were warmer than the air.

Here they are mounted back on my dirty and rusty truck. The arms struck me as being kind of loose when I was re-installing them.

Like loose on the post? I wonder if a little piece of tin foil would fix that?