Taking wiper blade suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bosch Icon. I have tried a few others over the years and always got a few months (even with the nice rain x ones). Bosch Icon blades last me years. I am on at least year two with my current set.

I've run multiple sets of the Bosch Icons on my trucks and I was not impressed. IMO they're no better than any other beam type, and usually more expensive.

JohnDenver

Reaction score
I'm curious too. I wasn't impressed with the silicone rainx wipers. I liked the traditional frames , but those were rubber and now dragging

I was actually going to recommend those. I ran the RainX silicone wipers on the 98 pickup for years (same set). This was in Colorado with something like 300 days of sun per year. I’ve used the Walmart silicone wipers, Michelin and maybe RainX, and those haven’t seemed to be as good as the ones from Advance. They have a slightly different Walmart model.
I like the older vehicles with their short wipers—seems like the long ones on newer cars don’t keep enough pressure on the ends.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was actually going to recommend those. I ran the RainX silicone wipers on the 98 pickup for years (same set). This was in Colorado with something like 300 days of sun per year. I’ve used the Walmart silicone wipers, Michelin and maybe RainX, and those haven’t seemed to be as good as the ones from Advance. They have a slightly different Walmart model.
I like the older vehicles with their short wipers—seems like the long ones on newer cars don’t keep enough pressure on the ends.
May want to check the springs in the wiper arms,they do lose their tension over time.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind giving silicone a try. I'm good for now with my Amazon order, which should be coming today. I think I'm going to paint the arms before installation.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, those look like the passenger side wiper that I have on my Volvo S70. I think it's a Goodyear? I'll have to look. That frame shape is pretty unique.

Those look pretty good, and the price is right.... competitive with Rock, for sure.
Pics not showing up for me, but if they are Goodyear's, +1 from me. I used to get them at Costco for like $7. I think they used to occasionally run a coupon for them, too, so they were even less. I usually got about 2 years +/- out of them.

azhobo

Reaction score
I orderd the ACDelco Silvers last nigtt before going to bed... Through Amazon. Checking now, on Rockauto, they only come up with a part number search and show "no applications" in the Buyer's Guide. They also have the little truck next to them, telling me they'll ship from the same warehouse as something else in my cart. However, when I add them to the cart, I get another warehouse added. I don't understand that. I see that often, too.

I'll keeo the order from Amazon, as the extra shipping from Rockauto makes up the difference for the lower price.
I've got basically the same truck you have, and noted your comment about oil filters. If you care, the very best oil filter you could run is a Wix 51060. You won't find it listed for our engines, but I've run them exclusively since 2012 with good results. Why? Well, according to all the Wix oil filter charts, because the fitment dimensions (inlet size, thread pitch and diameter, gasket height and diameter, and anti drain back) are identical to the recommended filter, but they have a bit more filtration media, and a slightly longer can, for more capacity. I'm seeing all the newer type filters now coming out, for synthetic oils, so I did some research on any differences from the recommended filters for our older engines. Guess what? Those synthetic oil filters use a smaller micron media, which is great, I guess, for newer motors, but our engines need OIL FLOW, not nano particle size filtration! And finally, before I jump outta here..... the small amount of extra cartridge length of the Wix 51060 will NOT let it hit anything should you venture off road and flex your pickup just a bit. Just my $0.02 worth, but it is good info, and I hope it might help. Regards,
Bob