Best Wiper Blades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Says there out of stock

It actually says there's one in stock. If you click "Compare" down where it says "other sellers" there's another vendor who has more than one.

Or, search the part number on Google. Wholesale GM Parts Online and GM Parts Direct both have them. You should be able to get them in person from a GM dealer as well. Ebay also has a few.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not long ago I put AC Delco beam ones-right one skipped fresh from the box. It's better now but as I always liked them and had no problem before,that was disappointing.

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A couple years ago I had a new windshield installed by NOVUS. They do all the fleet vehicles here at work. When he finished I asked if he had any wiper blades, wasn't about to run my old ones on the new windshield. They were pricey at $45 iirc, but have a lifetime warranty , they are still holding up very well. They have always been super to deal with here at work so I have no worries about the warranty.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what you buy around here, they're dried up and hard within about a year. I probably drive in one or two rain storms then have to replace them. :mad:

I may try RainX next time, ha ha.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter what you buy around here, they're dried up and hard within about a year. I probably drive in one or two rain storms then have to replace them. :mad:

I may try RainX next time, ha ha.
Funny you say that.. about the RainX. For a couple reasons.

Several of the older vehicles I used to run had horrible wipers (the whole setup) and RainX was practically magic. '54 Chevy with vacuum wipers and the vacuum motor quit. '58 Apache also vacuum wipers. '61 Apache and the motor burnt out and replacement has to come from another '60-'62.. '67 Chevelle with one-speed wipers.. on and on and on. Yeah; I went through a LOT of RainX!

Fast forward to the present day, so this is SE TX and we get PLENTY of rain, good wiper blades are a must. I've bought lots of wiper blades over the years. Spent a lot on some that should have been great but most were a total disappointment that just wouldn't last.

So far the best aftermarket blades I've used? The $10-ish/ea RainX from Wally World. They don't seem like the same ones at the regular auto parts store. For the money, they last a pretty good length of time, and when they do go bad, hey.. they weren't expensive. I generally avoid Wally World like the plague but in the middle of the night and you NEED wiper blades, well, that's how I ended up with RainX blades from Wally World.

Oh, and conventional style. Beam blades never worked well for me on GMT400's regardless of brand.

Richard

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to buy some for my 99 NBS since the Bosch Icon were starting to chatter and missing areas of windshield. I think I had those Bosch for like 5 years, so I wasn't complaining. But dang, anything at the local parts store or Amazon is like $28-30 EACH!

I decided to check Rockauto and found some clearance Bosch Insight 22" for like $4 each. I ordered 8 blades (I have 3 of the same body style trucks) for $44 shipped! I even forgot to get my 5% GMT400 discount code! I'm not complaining though, LOL.

I'd say check RA, especially for you guys replacing that often! Buy in bulk. I checked the boxes, but didn't see an expiration date on them! LOL

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Trico's suck, as do Bosch Icons in all honesty. I like the look but they just don't work well on these trucks. Buy the old school metal ones (not the cheapest ones you can find though) I buy Fleetrite ones at work. Every few months wipe the rubber insert down with a rag soaked in glass cleaner or the like to remove all the crud that builds up on them, that's what makes them stop working as well. The best blades I've used on this truck were actually the plain Motorcraft blades the dealer put on my truck, those are awesome.

Also something to check, the wiper arms are not the same from left to right. If you have them on the wrong side the blades will skip and not work well no matter what you put on.
I may have to swap Franks side to side. I took them off the parts sub and the driver's side skips.

As for blades I like the Piaa silicone blades best. I used to use the Anco Winter blades and peel the rubber covering off after winter that way I got a full year out of them. Anco got bought out by Trico and I don't use them anymore because they suck.

The wife likes the beam kind so she gets the beam Piaa silicone ones for her van. I hate them because they leave a stripe where they don't touch the windshield.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Should I go with hybrid beam or conventional for 1992 Silverado 2500?
My wipers are 18” pin style

I've tried Rain-X Latitude, Bosch Icon, and Trico Force beam styles on my '97s, they all were pretty terrible compared to the conventional ACDelcos.

Since the earlier trucks have different arms and the ACDelco part number I recommended earlier won't fit your truck, I looked them up for a '92. There are a few different part numbers listed:

https://www.wholesalegmpartsonline....odel=14488&modelYear=1992&ukey_category=19392

The middle one looks interesting for winter use, part number 8-318. It looks like they're the conventional style but with a rubber boot over the assembly to prevent snow and ice buildup.

www.amazon.com/ACDelco-8-318-Specialty-Winter-Wiper/dp/B000QGVKI4