99 C1500 No wipers or washer fluid. Not the pulse board

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOUDRNU

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 99 Sierra C1500. 6 years ago I replaced the entire wiper motor assembly which included the pulse board. The truck has sat for a few years and the wipers and washer fluid is not working again. If I turn the key on engine off and go through the wiper options from intermittent to low & high I can hear a relay type clicking from the pulse board. Thinking it could possibly be the dorman part I pulled a known working Valeo pulse board out of my 95 K1500 Z71 and installed it with the same result.
Thinking it could be the dorman motor itself and before going through the trouble of replacing it again I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on the next troubleshooting steps I should take before just throwing money and parts at it. Thanks in advance

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Do you still have the old board? That would be a great candidate for a quick and dirt re-solder. If you mess it up, no biggie.

LOUDRNU

Reaction score
I don't have the old board, but 30 minutes ago I swapped a known good board out of my other truck and it did not resolve my issue leading me to believe it is not the board after all

LOUDRNU

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is related whatsoever but I should add that the air bag and security light are illuminated which was never a normal thing for this truck. I have also tested every fuse in cab and under the hood for continuity