Wiper pulse board parking position reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another strange thing on my 94' Yukon TBI. Replaced the pulse board for the wipers a couple years ago. When the original board went bad, the wipers would continue running after being turned off, so when I replaced the board, the wipers were mid stroke, assuming the new board would correct it.

Now, the wipers function properly, but they stop about a 3rd of the way up the windshield. I can push them back down to the bottom of the window, and they stay there until I use the wipers again. Whats strange to me, is they still travel the full distance up and down, but return to the middle of the windshield when turned off.

There must be a procedure to reset this stop or parking position. Any ideas?

wirlybird

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would think this would be an adjustment in the linkage.
I know when I replaced the wiper motor on my Tahoe I had to reposition the wipers and tighten up the linkage so they stopped where I wanted.

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But I didn't change anything mechanically. All I changed was the controller board.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened on my truck. While the board went bad and wouldn't always turn off, the actual motor had worn also so that the armature wouldn't stop at the moment the power supply stopped, it would keep spinning long enough for the wiper arms to move up the screen. When I put the new motor on I tried turning it by hand and it was too tight to move where as the old one could be turned easily by hand. Haven't had any problems since.

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, so you are saying the new motor cant be moved by hand, meaning my motor could just be worn out?

Also, did they sell GMT400s in New Zealand? Didn't realize these were sold abroad. Are they popular there?

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, so you are saying the new motor cant be moved by hand, meaning my motor could just be worn out?

Also, did they sell GMT400s in New Zealand? Didn't realize these were sold abroad. Are they popular there?
That's right the motor should be tight so when the power stops the motor stops immediately rather than over running as it is doing. No they didn't sell them down here in general but mine was a private import, long before I bought it. There were some that were imported and converted to right hand drive for use as ambulances and they have all been sold to private owners now for camper vans etc. There is a regulation here that if a vehicle is over a certain age it can be registered and driven here without converting it to right hand drive. So there are a small number of them here but with the sky high petrol costs I don't see them out road as much as I used too.

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, definitely never seen a GMT400 ambulance, I bet its very difficult the convert to right hand. Thanks for sharing that info, didn't know about any of that.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

rob249

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ambulance would make a killer overlander RV. For whatever reason, here in the states, every ambulance seems to be Ford based.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That ambulance would make a killer overlander RV. For whatever reason, here in the states, every ambulance seems to be Ford based.
they have a better chassis cab game (ford)

GM oddly dipped out from the segment and gave it up seemingly.