90 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my early 20s Plastidip wasn’t as popular as it is today so I ran a small cash business doing plastidip for people. Wheels, trim, panels, emblems, etc. and I was good at it too. Never had any streaks or runs. People constantly asked what paint I used. Well like all good things it came to an end but I still have a ton of it left over. I happened to find half a can of the “True Metallics Gunmetal” and decided this was gonna be the color of my front grille. I am very happy with it.

You must be registered for see images attach

aaaaand my Anzo clear corners arrived [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

But now I see how badly I do need new forward facing lights haha. I already tried polishing them but there’s water inside so to save time and the risk of breaking anything I’ll get some new signals and headlights in the upcoming weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCTyphoonKid

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It was! I bought it off facebook marketplace. It was in eastern Carolina near the VA border. When I saw what it was and what he was asking I messaged the seller Tuesday and took it home Saturday haha

I thought it looked familiar

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
oooofff I love new parts.

Parking/signal housings are here!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Sheesh.

New headlamps have been ordered and when they arrive I’ll put it all back together!!

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had some time before work today. It’s finally starting to warm up consistently so I went ahead & removed my old headlamps in anticipation for the new ones. I also sprayed the front bumper black like the rear bumper.

The only chrome on the truck will be my mirrors. I hate a lot of chrome to be honest.

Eventually I’d like to get a set of smooth black bumpers for the front & back but for now this will suffice.

See y’all next time when those headlamps arrive! Gosh I love this thing [emoji3059]

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oooofff I love new parts.

Parking/signal housings are here!! WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Sheesh.

New headlamps have been ordered and when they arrive I’ll put it all back together!!

New lights are a day and night difference:) lookin good

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Went to the junkyard the other day and scored a new dash trim panel equipped with a bed light switch. I did not add a bed light. I had a genius idea to hook up my auxiliary grille lights to this switch. It looks so much better than the aftermarket toggle switch that came with the wiring harness.

I also scored a matching set of grey Scottsdale door panels! Unfortunately the d/s armrest was missing so I snagged one from another truck. For now I don’t care that it’s red. As a whole it looks 10x better than the caramel w/t door panel that was in the truck.

I’m also in the process of dying my carpet black. Halfway there.

My new headlights will be here next week. I’m excited to get the front back together.

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Headlight housings finally arrived last week. I put them in and put the front end back together that night but wanted to wait to share until I could see it all in the sun. Boy howdy what a difference! She looks like a whole new truck. Everything fit really well, all the lights are hooked up properly and working. I think taillights are next. They’re broken & faded.

SouthernYankee

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well it’s been a while since I’ve been on. Nothing against y’all just nothing to post about until recently. I finally transferred the title and registered the truck!

Finished dying the carpet black. I decided to Plastidip the faces of my wheels black. Fixed/replaced a few more minor things oh and blew up my motor. [emoji1787]

Original tail lights

Junkyard replacement

Also scored an LED tail light from the junkyard but I feel like it’s too “new” looking so if anyone wants it - $50. Everything works. Plug n play.

Last edited: