90 Sierra Tunerpro / ALDL problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ninety1500

Reaction score
I have been having a heck of a time getting tuner Pro or ALDL Droid to work on my 1990 GMC Sierra. The ECU doesn't have any kind of markings on it that I can see. It looks like they've all worn away. I'm hoping that somebody has used tuner Pro on a setup similar to this and could help me out. Any kind of tips or advice that you have would be really helpful.
I'm using at FTDI cable and I jumped the TXD and RXD together and then just have the Ground pin also. So just those 2 connections to the ALDL and no resistors or anything.

1990 GMC Sierra K1500
5.7L 350 TBI
Automatic

If there's anything else that I can provide to help please let me know. I'm not sure which .adx files I need because I can't read any markings on the ECU. Any help is super appreciated!

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have tried looking at " 1320 electronics " they specialize in early, OBD1. They have a lot of files and data breakdowns on what ecu, pcm were installed on what series. I've been told he's good for answering inquiries.

ninety1500

Reaction score
Have tried looking at " 1320 electronics " they specialize in early, OBD1. They have a lot of files and data breakdowns on what ecu, pcm were installed on what series. I've been told he's good for answering inquiries.
That's interesting....I haven't been there but I know that they make cables. I didn't think to go there for files or data breakdowns. I will go there now to do some research. Thank you for the tip! I love em all!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's a '90 with a 700R4 auto trans odds are you have a 1227747 ECM and need the $42-1227747-v5.0.adx. (you can find it on GearHead.com) I use this cable and don't jumper any wires, just plug it in. http://aldlcable.com/

There are some settings in TunerPro RT you need to have. You are using Standard Serial Comms and have to match your comm ports. They're under "Tools\Preferences\Data Acq\Emulation"

Good luck.

You must be registered for see images attach

ninety1500

Reaction score
If it's a '90 with a 700R4 auto trans odds are you have a 1227747 ECM and need the $42-1227747-v5.0.adx. (you can find it on GearHead.com) I use this cable and don't jumper any wires, just plug it in. http://aldlcable.com/

There are some settings in TunerPro RT you need to have. You are using Standard Serial Comms and have to match your comm ports. They're under "Tools\Preferences\Data Acq\Emulation"

Good luck.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thank you so much!!! This was exactly what I was looking for. Wish me luck!

ninety1500

Reaction score

Attachments

• $42-1227747-V5.2.adx.zip
    9.9 KB · Views: 1
  • $42-1227747-V5.9.3.xdf.zip
    34 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: