Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZeRo2o9

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone could help me with my data I have no idea what to be looking for, I have a 1990 5.7 tbi and have been having a random shake at a stoplight and rpm drops for a second and goes back to normal when it shakes. Have replaced too many parts trying to figure this issue out and I don’t know anyone that knows how to read live data for older vehicles so I came here to ask. Would appreciate any help I could get. Oh yea I am using the red river aldl cable from eBay and aldldroid with an Amazon fire tablet
Videos of numbers while idling in park

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading live data for older vehicles is EXACTLY the same as reading the same data on newer vehicles. Difference is, there's a lot more data available to be read on newer vehicles.

You must be registered for see images attach

1. Seventeen seconds, not seventeen minutes...right?
2. IAC seems to work.
3. Integrator = 130. Not bad. Where's the line on the graph for that?
4. O2 sensor seems lazy even for a TBI at idle.
5. What the hell is "Knock sensor 2.0"? Is that supposed to be Version 2 of the knock sensor, the second knock sensor, or two knock counts? Is that the unwavering white line in the middle of the graph, or is that white line the TPS voltage?
6. MAP varies a lot, especially if the throttle isn't moving.
7. Where's the data for the coolant temp sensor? EGR Solenoid? RPM? Open/closed loop operation? Block learn? System voltage?

What is the fuel pressure at prime, at idle, and under load?

How old are the usual "tune-up" items--cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, initial timing checked, electronic spark advance verified, EGR verified, fuel filter, air filter, etc?

What is the cranking compression pressure of all eight cylinders?

Have you tried a cylinder-balance test to discover which cylinder(s) aren't running properly at idle?

ZeRo2o9

Reaction score
Reading live data for older vehicles is EXACTLY the same as reading the same data on newer vehicles. Difference is, there's a lot more data available to be read on newer vehicles.

You must be registered for see images attach

1. Seventeen seconds, not seventeen minutes...right?
2. IAC seems to work.
3. Integrator = 130. Not bad. Where's the line on the graph for that?
4. O2 sensor seems lazy even for a TBI at idle.
5. What the hell is "Knock sensor 2.0"? Is that supposed to be Version 2 of the knock sensor, the second knock sensor, or two knock counts? Is that the unwavering white line in the middle of the graph, or is that white line the TPS voltage?
6. MAP varies a lot, especially if the throttle isn't moving.
7. Where's the data for the coolant temp sensor? EGR Solenoid? RPM? Open/closed loop operation? Block learn? System voltage?

What is the fuel pressure at prime, at idle, and under load?

How old are the usual "tune-up" items--cap, rotor, plug wires, plugs, initial timing checked, electronic spark advance verified, EGR verified, fuel filter, air filter, etc?

What is the cranking compression pressure of all eight cylinders?

Have you tried a cylinder-balance test to discover which cylinder(s) aren't running properly at idle?

Yes 17 seconds it was at operating temp already so just let it idle a bit, INT is the red line on the graph
O2 sensor is a new ac delco replaced 2 months ago
Im not sure I thought that was the knock counts
Map sensor is also new ac delco replaced a month ago
Yea sorry I did get that info just only let me select a certain amount of times when I get home from work I can show the graphs with the other info, idk if you can see the video but it showed more info in there also
So fuel pump was replaced a year and a half ago but I have not gotten a gauge to test pressure yet
Got new distributor, ac delco plugs and wires, CTS, IAC, TPS, along with the plugs for them becuase clips were broken, new o2, new egr and egr solenoid, tbi was rebuilt with the kit just didn’t replace fuel injectors, new catalytic converter last year, all new gaskets from heads up were done last year also, I think that may be it might be forgetting something. Truck runs fine except for the random shake I feel sitting at the light, I was told it’s an old truck and that it is normal but I’ve had it for like 4 years and it’s never done it till recently

ZeRo2o9

Reaction score
I’ve also tried looking for vacuum leaks and I did have one previously at the pcv valve but that was fixed, didn’t change the idle tho

ninety1500

Reaction score
was wondering if anyone could help me with my data I have no idea what to be looking for, I have a 1990 5.7 tbi and have been having a random shake at a stoplight and rpm drops for a second and goes back to normal when it shakes. Have replaced too many parts trying to figure this issue out and I don’t know anyone that knows how to read live data for older vehicles so I came here to ask. Would appreciate any help I could get. Oh yea I am using the red river aldl cable from eBay and aldldroid with an Amazon fire tablet
Videos of numbers while idling in park
Hey ZeRo...do you know which data stream file you used in ALDLDroid? I have a 90 5.7 TBI also and I want to make sure it works. Thank you!

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey ZeRo...do you know which data stream file you used in ALDLDroid? I have a 90 5.7 TBI also and I want to make sure it works. Thank you!
may not be relevant but the 1320 electronics site has some info.

I use the aldl scan sometimes and I know aldl droid can be used along with it .... so maybe something there in support or downloads is helpful to you in deciphering
at least there are a ton of files for the aldl scan afaik......

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
59 steps for the IAC seems a little high,should be down around 30. Have you knocked out the plug and adjusted the throttle plates? If not check for carbon build up in the TB bore and on the edges of the throttle plates.