P0430 - With Data

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mn_ski

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had the P0430 code for some time now. Finally getting around to figuring out what is going on. I have watched a bunch of videos and read a bunch of threads. I am looking to confirm my data with others who have more experience to say "yeah" or "neah" to a bad catalytic. Before that, I would also like to confirm that I have no other issues that would ruin a replacement catalytic.

Truck at temp after driving 20 miles or so. Idling in the parking lot. Fuel trim graph: small peak on LTFT is from me blipping the throttle.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bank 2 flagged the DTC. Seems like a lot a fluctuation on sensor 2.

Close up. I know there is no time scale, but from memory it seems like 30s to a minute of time to fill the graph.

Fuel trim when cruising at 70mph on a slight grade. There was a speed increase from 70 to 75 you can see the fuel trim change.

So my question is, what should my fuel trim numbers be when cruising? At idle they are close to 0. I believe my bank two Cat is no good. It also looks like bank 1 is not great either from data I have. I am just trying to cover my bases before replacing both Catalytic converters to make sure i have solved any root causes before throwing new parts in. Any advice is appreciated.

Lastly I will check for any exhaust leaks. I just read a thread that talks about the donut/ gasket on the flange being a leak point. I don't think I have that but I will check. Truck is a '98 with the 5.7L and 255K miles.