90-1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You've probably heard me say it before,"If you're gonna Rock-n-Roll you've got to play the music loud"

Wish you luck with thicker gaskets but in my experience thicker is not always better.

It looks like your clamp wasn't all the way up on the hose. Uneven loading of the clamp may have caused it to fail.
I definitely don't hate the exhaust, just louder than expected really. I love spintech mufflers I've had them on just about every car or truck I've owned in the last 20 years. These were just the most aggressive ones I've used.

I've had good luck with these gaskets in the past.

Clamp was all the way down definitely not ideal. But the clamp was just a junk piece I had laying around. I expected it to last more than 9 miles lol it definitely made for a fun few turns to get home with all the coolant pouring out

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I definitely don't hate the exhaust, just louder than expected really.
Your exhaust is very similar to mine, except I went 2.5" with cats and Cherry Bomb "Salute" mufflers. It definitely has a thunder to it. This last week I welded up some U-pipe to go over the axles, and I was going to add a third muffler in the back. I went out to test fit the pieces, and none of it is going to fit because there's just not enough real estate under a stepside bed and around the shock mount. Ugh.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your exhaust is very similar to mine, except I went 2.5" with cats and Cherry Bomb "Salute" mufflers. It definitely has a thunder to it. This last week I welded up some U-pipe to go over the axles, and I was going to add a third muffler in the back. I went out to test fit the pieces, and none of it is going to fit because there's just not enough real estate under a stepside bed and around the shock mount. Ugh.

I have been eyeing up what to do with my exhaust as well. Not a lot of options with the lowered stepsides that's for sure.
I'll have to look/think harder when it's time.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I like how you did the exhaust from the long tubes on Way Cool Jr.!

I have been eyeing up what to do with my exhaust as well. Not a lot of options with the lowered stepsides that's for sure.
I'll have to look/think harder when it's time.

I'll be embarking on the exhaust adventure next. Replacing from just ahead of the current muffler (if you wanna call it that) to tailpipes coming out behind the rear wheels

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I still have the factory transmission cross member, the exhaust is rubbing ever so slightly. I am curious what crossmember you're running? I looked at the dirty dingo crossmember while it isn't specifically listed to work with a t-56 I believe it will.

I almost went with 2.5, I think total the cost of tubing from 2.5" - 3" was 25 dollars.

The reason I dumped it out the side was lack of real estate. If you add in a panhard bar, torque arm, all the mounts tubes Ect. space is eaten up pretty quick.

I am going to relocate the fuel tank to the back (much farther in the future), I'll have a bit more room with the exhaust only having one exit per side, or possibly flipping it to only the driver side (probably the easiest solution).

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the way you have dumped it out the right side in front of the rear wheel. Back in the day I ran all my exhausts NASCAR style usually out both sides. Headers,header mufflers and two 45's.
The design I'm thinking of for mine is 3" off the headers and cross the left side under the tail shaft like you have done but then into a large expansion camber type eh-hmm muffler then a single 3" over the axle and out in the stock configuration. The idea is the exhaust gasses will cool and contract in the expansion chamber so a single tail pipe will be sufficient to breath the lower volume of the cooled exhaust.
I too have thought of relocating the tank to the rear but trucks tend to be loose in the rear to start with and putting 25-30 gallons of weight behind the rear axle would really make it want to swap ends. Great if your only going in a straight line on dry road.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the way you have dumped it out the right side in front of the rear wheel. Back in the day I ran all my exhausts NASCAR style usually out both sides. Headers,header mufflers and two 45's.
The design I'm thinking of for mine is 3" off the headers and cross the left side under the tail shaft like you have done but then into a large expansion camber type eh-hmm muffler then a single 3" over the axle and out in the stock configuration. The idea is the exhaust gasses will cool and contract in the expansion chamber so a single tail pipe will be sufficient to breath the lower volume of the cooled exhaust.
I too have thought of relocating the tank to the rear but trucks tend to be loose in the rear to start with and putting 25-30 gallons of weight behind the rear axle would really make it want to swap ends. Great if your only going in a straight line on dry road.
15 gallon tank is all I'm doing if I can help it.
I am curious how much that changes the weight bias. I'll eventually put it on scales and see what the changes really are.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still have the factory transmission cross member, the exhaust is rubbing ever so slightly. I am curious what crossmember you're running?
My cats were going to conflict with my factory crossmember, so I built my own dropped crossmember out of some leftover 1.75" .120" wall rollcage tubing, some 2"x3" .080" wall square tubing, some angle iron, and some 1/8" flat stock.

If I were to do it over again, I'd get some more mandrel bends and raise the exhaust. The dropped crossmember is a little bit of a pain to work around.