90-1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did one sheet of drywall on the ceiling at our old house with woman, she then said call your dad!!! Lol
Pretty much the last time we did anything like that.
And ya, she's brought it up occasionally over the years. I think she'd make a good plumber, always bringing up old $hit!!! Lol
Lol yup!!! Then asking “why don’t you want me helping you???”

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
QA1.

its very straightforward if anyone is curious.
Its ( in my opinion ) very nerve-racking to just cut things off of your truck.

I worked at an auto manufacturer for more than 10 years, I will cut holes and slice things off of the stuff we were building with zero hesitation. I tend to think WAY too much about my own stuff.

That being said, Ive measured like 5 times and cut once. even then the hesitation bleeds through. Perfect cuts? Absolutely not. Good enough to get the job done Absolutely. (so far)

Shock Mounts removed, C notch cut, brackets bolted in. (some of them)
I am trying to get all the cutting and drilling done before I start and real assembly.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also My torque wrench broke. So I need to go find a new one.

Working in a smaller garage, with no air and only battery tools is defiantly a hindrance but, were pushing through.

Javlin42

Reaction score
Just went through your hole build thread. Killer work bro, I think you will be happy with the TKX trans and the coilovers. I recently did that trans swap as well as a coilover conversion (ridetech) on a customer vehicle.

How do those tmi seats sit? Looks like you gain a ton of leg and head room with those?

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very cool, can't wait to see how this looks when done!

I know what you mean with the cutting. When I did my c-notch I felt the same. By the way... your cuts look much better than mine did.

I see you used the fence post bed jack stands too!

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just went through your hole build thread. Killer work bro, I think you will be happy with the TKX trans and the coilovers. I recently did that trans swap as well as a coilover conversion (ridetech) on a customer vehicle.

How do those tmi seats sit? Looks like you gain a ton of leg and head room with those?
I didn't use the tkx I settled on the t56 magnum. American powertrain basically made it a no brainer with the discount they gave. The tkx would have been easier since they are significantly smaller.

Tmi seats are okay, I need to re-do the seat brackets to get a little more upward angle on the front of the seat. Depending on how you do the brackets, you can gain A LOT of headroom. One way I had them my shoulder was just above the bottom of the window. I'm 6'1".

With the right angle on the seat bottom I think it will be way better.

I originally wanted the ridetech system. I settled on QA1 because of cost mostly. I doubt it will make a big enough difference for the added cost, with my intended use. The ridetech setup is a better design in my opinion.

Last edited:

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool, can't wait to see how this looks when done!

I know what you mean with the cutting. When I did my c-notch I felt the same. By the way... your cuts look much better than mine did.

I see you used the fence post bed jack stands too!
I used one of the 4x4 scrap wood peices I've had forever, ( basically furthering the need to be a hoarder with scrap wood, because see I USED ONE)

I wanted the bed to not have any pressure on the frame behind the cut.

I've never really used a flap disk before. They make the cuts look better for sure.

I'm interested to see the look too. I'm only doing the rear currently, front will probably be done before the end of the year.

It was a 2/4 drop I think. (I can't 100%confirm that) I'm pretty sure it has 2 inch front drop spindles, I don't know if the springs are factory or not. Rear had bolt in front leaf hangers and a drop shackle (I didn't measure)

I set the rear ride hight at around 5-6 inch drop hoping to really level the truck out. I'm very interested to see how it rides.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah,they're the $hit. Since I discovered those I don't use hard wheels anymore. They put a razor edge on mower blades and axes too.
I need to try that on the mower blade.
I was just surprised at how fast and easy they work. the hard disk was taking forever, the flap disk just melted through no problem.
You can see on the axle pictures where I cut the shock mounts off. I used the hard disk in the first picture and took a while to get that far. the flap disk was the second picture. I didn't even bother with the hard disk on the second mount, and it took half the time.

denverdriveby

Reaction score
My 1991 k3500 resto-mod 454 4x4 service truck...front cab goes to vehicle wrap in few weeks

The gmt400's are pretty cool trucks in my book

Cheers from Colorado

Attachments

• IMG-20240213-WA0013(1).jpg
    IMG-20240213-WA0013(1).jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 1000006449.jpg
    1000006449.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 1000010573.jpg
    1000010573.jpg
    427.5 KB · Views: 8