Today was electric fan day 90 GMC Sierra1500 L59

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Frank B came over at 1130 and we got after it. 5 hours later we test drove it. Many thanks to Frank B for a job well done.
The fit and finish on the FF Dynamics fans is excellent. We had to cut the radiator support ears with the rubbers out of the shroud as they hold the radiator in place. I am also not a fan of the nylon hold down through the fins of the radiator so we adapted some lawn mower wheel adjusters to hold the fans at the bottom.
We picked up switched 12volt power from the fuel pump relay panel on the firewall and also ranan over ride switch in the cab in case of relay failure. We also wired in a 12 volt 80 Amp continuous duty solenoid to power the fans and prolong relay life. It works great. Since both coolant sensor ports in the heads are in use we used an inline adapter from Amazon for the fan temp control sensor. We also tapped into the positive power wire on the AC switch on the compressor so the fans kick on when AC is selected.
There is a considerable seat of the pants increase in power and the motor revs a lot quicker. We loomed and heat shrunk all the connections. We set them up to kick on at 210 and off at 195. The fans are quiet and powerful. I am quite pleased with the outcome and am looking forward to seeing how much better they make the gas mileage.

90gmcsierraL59

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Best so far on the commute is 19.5 at 75-80 MPH with some stop and go. If I could drive easier I thinkI could squeeze 20. I am very happy with it.

Last edited: