90-1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After being sick for the better part of two weeks I managed to push through.
You must be registered for see images attach

This bracket next to the fuel tank I had more than a few four letter words for. It was the worst part of the entire process.

Second c notch installed.

Rear diff fluid was probably long over due for a fluid change.

I also found a happy surprise. From what I can tell it's a yukon limited slip unit.

I already knew it had 3.73 gears I think stock axles but I'll look more into that later.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the diff cover went on it all fell together pretty quickly. I still need to put the weight on the rear so I can torque everything. I'd call this 90% complete.

I measured at full droop I have the rear set too low, it 1 inch lower than the front without any weight. I'm not really into squatted trucks, so I may as well fix it now.

Stay tuned..

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a really cool truck. Nice job, I’m totally digging this.

One of the cool things about the Yukon Duragrip is that it’s fairly straightforward and simple to change the four springs to 800# and make it more aggressive.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a really cool truck. Nice job, I’m totally digging this.

One of the cool things about the Yukon Duragrip is that it’s fairly straightforward and simple to change the four springs to 800# and make it more aggressive.
Thank you,

I haven't even looked into them, I was happy ro see it wasn't a gm unit.
I really prefer the Detroit trutrac diffs, but it was a nice surprise.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I lifted the rear up to what QA1 says is a 4 inch drop.
I was also scumbagged into just buying the rear sway bar. (with friends like these )

I still need to grease all the bushings and break out the string, angle finder, and tape measure. But everything is installed at this point.

also when I bought the truck I was told it was a 2/4 drop. its definitely got belltech drop spindles up front. the rear I was really not sure, but after setting the rear to the 4 inch drop configuration, its feels like its lower. I am kicking myself at this point for not doing a pre measurement.

I need to start the exhaust now so I can drive it without police harassments lol. Open headers just draw the wrong attention.

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some changes.

I recently had a friend weld my exhaust together, fits good but I'm going to need to figure out how to make it fit better around the QA1 brace for the torque arm. there isn't much space.
I ended up doing a full 3 inch, Spintech prostreet mufflers, X merge. I personally think it sounds fantastic, got a few passer by thumbs up on my short drive.
OK its a little loud but it works for now.

the exhaust gaskets I installed didnt last very long, I think the cheaper header flanges were just too much for the ole flepro gaskets.

I ended up swapping them to a Remflex gasket. These are as the young kids call "thicc" literally 0.125 thick and they are designed to compress 50% with proper torque on the bolts.

Had a cheap worm gear clamp break on a test drive. dumped 2 gallons of coolant and two bottles of water wetter. Pour some out for the fallen Homies I guess..

Still more to come...

Cheezebandit

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
While looking at the front A arms, I was going to mark the eccentric washers to hopefully get them back to where they were when I pull some things apart. All four are missing.
It's almost comical at this point how much was actually wrong with this truck when I started.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some changes.

I recently had a friend weld my exhaust together, fits good but I'm going to need to figure out how to make it fit better around the QA1 brace for the torque arm. there isn't much space.
I ended up doing a full 3 inch, Spintech prostreet mufflers, X merge. I personally think it sounds fantastic, got a few passer by thumbs up on my short drive.
OK its a little loud but it works for now.
You've probably heard me say it before,"If you're gonna Rock-n-Roll you've got to play the music loud"

the exhaust gaskets I installed didnt last very long, I think the cheaper header flanges were just too much for the ole flepro gaskets.

I ended up swapping them to a Remflex gasket. These are as the young kids call "thicc" literally 0.125 thick and they are designed to compress 50% with proper torque on the bolts.
Wish you luck with thicker gaskets but in my experience thicker is not always better.
Had a cheap worm gear clamp break on a test drive. dumped 2 gallons of coolant and two bottles of water wetter. Pour some out for the fallen Homies I guess..

It looks like your clamp wasn't all the way up on the hose. Uneven loading of the clamp may have caused it to fail.