14 Bolt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
so when you go to the yard have them save the u bolt plates when they pull it

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
alright then ill just have to get some new u bolts and a conversion joint

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not saying you didn't know this but, never re-use old u-bolts. The u-bolts and threads stretch and fatigue and should not be re-used. One time use part.

The spring plates are $30 new for the pair and the U-bolts are $19 for all 4 with nuts from LMC, you can re-use your U-bolt spacer.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=128

You can probably get them cheaper and no shipping from the dealership.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
unless you can save yours then yeah get some new ones

There will be no seeing tham haha I'm from Iowa so prob will end up cutting them off. But the axel tubes are the same diameter on the 10b and 14b correct?

Not saying you didn't know this but, never re-use old u-bolts. The u-bolts and threads stretch and fatigue and should not be re-used. One time use part.

The spring plates are $30 new for the pair and the U-bolts are $19 for all 4 with nuts from LMC, you can re-use your U-bolt spacer.
http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/full.aspx?Page=128

You can probably get them cheaper and no shipping from the dealership.

Yah or on ebay, Thanks for all the help so far guys!

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
There will be no seeing tham haha I'm from Iowa so prob will end up cutting them off. But the axel tubes are the same diameter on the 10b and 14b correct?

Yah or on ebay, Thanks for all the help so far guys!

I usually end up cutting mine also... and no they are not 14 bolt axle tubes are than 10 bolts

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
id see if you can match up trucks as best as you can. i dont know if trans lengths are different, i want to say they arent but could be wrong. anyways if you find a sf 14 bolt get the driveshaft with it maybe so you dont need to shorten or lengthen yours, or have the yard hold it if it had one so if needed you could come back later.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
id see if you can match up trucks as best as you can. i dont know if trans lengths are different, i want to say they arent but could be wrong. anyways if you find a sf 14 bolt get the driveshaft with it maybe so you dont need to shorten or lengthen yours, or have the yard hold it if it had one so if needed you could come back later.

yah thats probably what ill do say to just keep it around just in case