14 Bolt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Alright I'm talking to a guy who has a 14b sf he has it in the truck still but said he would get around to pulling it out next week. MY worry is he had 39.5's on it is that gona wear out anything? he had to of been way under powered as it has 3.73's. Also its not a posi so thats a minus

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will be much future ahead by getting an open carrier and throwing in a lunchbox style locker then opting for a factory 'posi' that may or may not even still work.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
So in theory every stock truck that came from the factory with a 14 bolt, SF or FF, had a ruined t-case output seal?

You're an idiot... Here is a direct quote of why I say doing this swap will ruin the output seal... 10 seconds of thinking before you type will take you a LONG way. Big difference between a brand new driveshaft, and one exposed to elements for a couple decades.

Other than that, the only major considering is that the 14bsf is longer from axle center-line to yoke, so if you are not lifted, you will very likely destroy your t-case output seal due to rust rubbing on it.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
He said to make him an offer he had the 14b and a solid front axle for sale for 400. Also does anyone know if him running 39.5's on it would wear anything out? Lookin awesome bad bowtie and airman thats an 8 lug then correct?

BadBowtie 98

BOWTIE TILL I DIE
Reaction score
He said to make him an offer he had the 14b and a solid front axle for sale for 400. Also does anyone know if him running 39.5's on it would wear anything out? Lookin awesome bad bowtie and airman thats an 8 lug then correct?

Ya all Full Floaters are 8 lug, i would say it would be fine. Before you swap though i would go through and just check for wear anywhere

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score

14bff is a VERY stout axle, I wouldn't worry about that, but if its been pounded on for an extended period it could still be worn.