14 Bolt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you would have to measure your actual truck before you start pulling it apart.
there are several ways to go about getting the correct measurement, some easier than others.

the ideal and easiest way is to measure from the back of the output to the center of the axle end u-joint with the old axle, then when you get the new axle in, re-measure same place, what ever the difference is in the measurements is the difference that needs to be accomidated in the drive shaft.

If you have already pulled the shaft, I would suggest removing the slip yoke from the drive shaft, put it into the t-case output at what would have been ride height which is easy to do looking at the rust and scale versus the clean shiney part. then measure from u-joint center to u-joint center and that would be the dimention you want on your shaft.

If you pla n on wheeling, the last and most expensive option is to, depending on your t-case, install a slip yoke eliminator kit and go to a drive shaft with a slip shaft. it is pricey, but this set up will accomidate a lot more wheel travel than a stock slip yoke.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
ff axles cant be converted to 6 lug i see you guys are talking about it and just want to make sure you guys know that