U-Joint Strap Kit 9.5 SF rear end, 6 lug, 14 bolt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Question…

What kind of u joint strap kit do I need?? I’m so tired of going to and from Napa just to be let down by the fact that the strap kits they’re selling me don’t fit… it’s a uj448 joint that I got. What strap kit now?

93, Chevy k1500, 350, 5 speed NV3500, 10 bolt to 14 bolt swap.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have the adapter U joint? One side is half ton , the other is 2500 eight lug axle . For the new installed axle. Did you get the ones with the new axle you installed?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
By measuring the cap diameter it should be easy. This is for 10.5 rear. With GM number and size it should be a no brainer.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

FrankieD61

Reaction score
You have the adapter U joint? One side is half ton , the other is 2500 eight lug axle . For the new installed axle. Did you get the ones with the new axle you installed?

No, the axle came stripped of smaller stuff like that. I did get the conversion u joint though and that fits nicely. I just need a set of straps.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
So the bigger caps (1350 side) measure to be 1.88 in diameter. The tech at Napa who was very helpful and knowledgeable ordered the set of straps that the book said would match that size. Even with that the straps are too big.

Last edited: