New rear diff yoke, different size u-joints?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColdRice

Reaction score
I just purchased this yoke and seal kit from napa

Everything fit well, my only issue is that the u-joints on the driveshaft are to big for the yoke. The old yoke is trashed unfortunately so using that is not a option.

The website says its a exact fit for a 1994 k1500 4x4. Is it the difference between a aluminum and steel driveshaft?

Mine is aluminum, nv4500 trans, 10 bolt rear end. As far as I know everything is stock. The u-joint caps measure a little over 30mm diameter. Would this work potentially?

Unfortunately I've used the seal so i doubt i can return the yoke at this point.

Komet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looks like a Spicer 1330 to 1350 conversion u-joint which would be my first guess for what you need, but I would verify the precise sizes you need with digital calipers.

ColdRice

Reaction score
That looks like a Spicer 1330 to 1350 conversion u-joint which would be my first guess for what you need, but I would verify the precise sizes you need with digital calipers.
I checked it with a caliper and i believe it will work. My only other concern is that the current u-joint has no c-clips on the yoke end. It was held centered in the yoke by little nubs on the outer edge of the yoke where the u-joint caps rest.

The new yoke does not have these nubs to hold the driveahaft centered. I'm assuming thats what the c-clips are for? They must ride on the inner edge of the yoke holding it centered?