Ccsb u joint help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fairlanefella

Reaction score
Hey guys I have a 98 ccsb. I busted the u joint from the driveshaft to the rear end, 2 pc steel driveshaft. It’s a 5 lug 1500 rear end. I’ve tried the precision 447 I know that’s what most people use in my situation but the ears on the pinion yoke side are too long to put the retainer clips on. I’ve checked everything I know to check. Anyone else had this problem or knows if another joint that will work? Any help is very appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1443.jpeg
    IMG_1443.jpeg
    155.1 KB · Views: 12

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Is the old one still good enough to bring in so the parts store can take measurements or did it disappear somewhere on the highway?

A 1500 CCSB is a rare truck, I think that was only available as a dealer conversion? It may be a conversion u-joint using a 1-ton driveshaft on a 1500 rear end or something.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1500 Crewcab is a Centurion, GM Never made them, and I'm pretty sure nobody else did either. Measuring what's left is your best bet, but if not you can try this.
Centurion was bought by Southern comfort, you may contact them and see if they can help you.

Fairlanefella

Reaction score
Now that y’all say it, the guy I got it from didn’t really know much about it and what he did know he lied about lol. I guess I could be super lucky and bought a centurion but I doubt it