The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We'll, I went back at it today and.....

Stripped the torx head :banghead:

Anywho, the bolt is not a grade 8 and I was able to drill through the head in about a minute with a fresh bit. I'll work on getting the rest of the bolt out when I pull the carpet in the near future.

On the bright side, the bolt that holds the jack tray down came out with no effort.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used 3M Headliner Adhesive with good results, but if Sewlow recommends anything, I'd follow his advice.

Whatever you do, be sure and get all the old foam off first. It's usually not the adhesive that fails, it's the foam coming apart.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok here goes, Will a carpet out of a Tahoe/Yukon or Suburban (trimmed down) fit in my crew cab?

I would say yes because a suburban carpet stops at the threshold behind the second row seat. If you have rear floor vents should be the same too. If not no biggie. I'm not sure about tahoe/yukon

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I would say yes because a suburban carpet stops at the threshold behind the second row seat. If you have rear floor vents should be the same too. If not no biggie. I'm not sure about tahoe/yukon
After research and looking at pics online, the Tahoe carpet won’t work, but the Suburban looks like it will

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Next question, I have the larger C3500 non airbag steering wheel. I want to swap it out for a smaller leather wrap air bag wheel. The problem is that the junkyard won’t sell any sort of airbag due to liability reasons. So is it possible to remove just the airbag and still have a functional horn button center piece?

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Does anyone have a clear close up picture of a 90-94 Cargo Lamp switch in good shape ? I’m attempting to print the old font and the little truck logo out of white vinyl to try to restore my switch

You must be registered for see images attach