Weird Factory Interior Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kong Jr

Reaction score
First, I'm old and this is my first forum . . . Bought a 88 GMC K1500 step side, nice medium blue paint, but the interior is crazy. It has light blue, light gray dash and door panels and RED carpet and headliner. Why is the carpet and headliner red? (I believe this is all factory.) Wanted to ask someone if this might be some kind of "Edition" . . . before I Duplicolor it all black. Thanks for an info.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First, I'm old and this is my first forum . . . Bought a 88 GMC K1500 step side, nice medium blue paint, but the interior is crazy. It has light blue, light gray dash and door panels and RED carpet and headliner. Why is the carpet and headliner red? (I believe this is all factory.) Wanted to ask someone if this might be some kind of "Edition" . . . before I Duplicolor it all black. Thanks for an info.
It's an "edition" all right.....the Ray Charles edition!!!! Lol
Nah.... someone most likely (obviously actually) swapped stuff. Not sure if the RPO codes in the glove box tell interior color, probably do.
Oh ya..... welcome from Alberta Canada.

Kong Jr

Reaction score
LOL big time! The truck is factory blue, I'm sure (haven't ran tags) and my gut tells me the carpet and headliner are factory too, but red. This truck was a factory standard on the floor and the hole where the shifter was has a "deocrative" plate over it, on the red carpet . . . I was looking for white somewhere, then it could be a Red, White and Blue Edition . . . Best, Kong

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The two-tone dash is something the first couple years of these trucks had, depending on interior color; depending on trim package the door panels were also two-tone like that.

The red carpet and headliner came out of a different truck. :)

Richard

Kong Jr

Reaction score
OK Richard, Thanks, I can see a consinsus forming . . . I'm good with it, I want to go black anyway. Have a new pair of black XL Procar rally seats that I want to use. Best, Kong

Kong Jr

Reaction score
OK, thanks, I'll add my all time list later as a signature. This is only my second 4WD and first OBS. I feel sad at what I've let go over the years, unitl I hear the guy or gal who sold a Hemi for 7K. (67 Camaro RS, 69 El Camino, 82 Trans Am, 57 Chevy 210, 70 Camaro, 72 Bronco, 67 GTO, 70 El Camino, 78 Trans Am, 68 C10, 72 Nova, 88 GMC 4WD Step