Interior restomod pretty much complete with pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskingry

Reaction score
Well,

You guys have probably seen me asking a lot of questions about my truck but here is the progress so far. I purchased this truck early June, it's a 1993 K1500 Silverado. The truck looks nice, I bought some used 20" rims with 35" tires and put them on it, the paint was ok and overall the truck looked pretty darn nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

The major problem is that the interior was a mess. Problems inside included:
1. Upper dash was simply gone and the rest of the dash was being held in place by the steering column. There was a carpet to cover up the missing upper dash.
2. Seats were in bad shape
3. Carpet was in mediocre shape
4. Headliner was gone and sub visors were down to bare wood.
5. AC did not work and could not really feel anything blowing although you could hear it. Seems like the vents were not attached to the AC plumbing anymore due to lack of support. Also system had a leak.

So I began to tear this thing down with the dash continuing to degrade every step of the way. Also started pulling the interior out to work in it and run wiring for a stereo. In the end we were down to wires and bare metal in the cab.

I wanted something that was easy to clean for the headliner so I ordered some diamond pattern vinyl and made a new headliner and covered my sun visors. My walking foot sewing machine I use for boat cushions came in handy and made quick work of the sun visors.

Next up were the seats, thanks to a great member here @Trio I was able to procure some nice tailored seat covers that really transformed the seats.

Then it was time to put the new dash in. I spent a lot of money on a brand new unit from LMCTruck and am very happy with the unit. I wish it was a better color match but it's close enough. I also had to investigage water leaking into the cab and found out about sealing the screw holes under the hood vent and a few other areas and it's dry now too. This led me to get some fresh carpet and while the carpet was out I ran wires, lot's of wires for the new stereo.

Putting everything back together I purchased 3.5" kicker coaxial for the dash and 4X6" kickers for the read panels. I had a 5 channel infinity amplifier that a friend was cleaning out of his garage and found a smoking deal on 2 12" kicker subs in boxes for the back. The radio is a $50 touch screen with apple car play and a backup camera from Amazon, I had no idea these things were this cheap. It's all done now, the stereo sounds great and the cabin a super comfortable and clean for a change. This has come a long was as I found a rat skeleton under the back seat when I bought it. Hopefully the pictures come out.

Attachments

• 8oShnD0.jpg
    8oShnD0.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • 0HkszE0.jpg
    0HkszE0.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • TcFj1pK.jpg
    TcFj1pK.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • DQnEfkq.jpg
    DQnEfkq.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • INdBqU7.jpg
    INdBqU7.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • nntMjh8.jpg
    nntMjh8.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 13
  • WMgCrJ3.jpg
    WMgCrJ3.jpg
    940.8 KB · Views: 13
  • hQ0SlWx.jpg
    hQ0SlWx.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • XTFM3PQ.jpg
    XTFM3PQ.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • 3gsFJ5t.jpg
    3gsFJ5t.jpg
    1,020.6 KB · Views: 28
  • RaRFRPO.jpg
    RaRFRPO.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
  • bhds8Ep.jpg
    bhds8Ep.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • A8yluA0.jpg
    A8yluA0.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 25
  • pD26qKa.jpg
    pD26qKa.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • trM19mw.jpg
    trM19mw.jpg
    999.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Rb6s8Pr.jpg
    Rb6s8Pr.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • NsNEQKZ.jpg
    NsNEQKZ.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 16
  • pnGdgzt.jpg
    pnGdgzt.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
  • TnMYon5.jpg
    TnMYon5.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
  • UoCMmeF.jpg
    UoCMmeF.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Jskingry

Reaction score
Dang......that's sweet!!! Good job, enjoy your new toy.
Thanks,

Next item on the list is a paint job, my friend owns a body shop and owes me some work! Then I start on the bike rack for the rear. Also forgot the picture with the new rims and tires.

Trio

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well,

You guys have probably seen me asking a lot of questions about my truck but here is the progress so far. I purchased this truck early June, it's a 1993 K1500 Silverado. The truck looks nice, I bought some used 20" rims with 35" tires and put them on it, the paint was ok and overall the truck looked pretty darn nice.

1. Upper dash was simply gone and the rest of the dash was being held in place by the steering column. There was a carpet to cover up the missing upper dash.
5. AC did not work and could not really feel anything blowing although you could hear it. Seems like the vents were not attached to the AC plumbing anymore due to lack of support. Also system had a leak.

So I began to tear this thing down with the dash continuing to degrade every step of the way. Also started pulling the interior out to work in it and run wiring for a stereo. In the end we were down to wires and bare metal in the cab.

I wanted something that was easy to clean for the headliner so I ordered some diamond pattern vinyl and made a new headliner and covered my sun visors. My walking foot sewing machine I use for boat cushions came in handy and made quick work of the sun visors.

Next up were the seats, thanks to a great member here @Trio I was able to procure some nice tailored seat covers that really transformed the seats.

Then it was time to put the new dash in. I spent a lot of money on a brand new unit from LMCTruck and am very happy with the unit. I wish it was a better color match but it's close enough. I also had to investigage water leaking into the cab and found out about sealing the screw holes under the hood vent and a few other areas and it's dry now too. This led me to get some fresh carpet and while the carpet was out I ran wires, lot's of wires for the new stereo.

Putting everything back together I purchased 3.5" kicker coaxial for the dash and 4X6" kickers for the read panels. I had a 5 channel infinity amplifier that a friend was cleaning out of his garage and found a smoking deal on 2 12" kicker subs in boxes for the back. The radio is a $50 touch screen with apple car play and a backup camera from Amazon, I had no idea these things were this cheap. It's all done now, the stereo sounds great and the cabin a super comfortable and clean for a change. This has come a long was as I found a rat skeleton under the back seat when I bought it. Hopefully the pictures come out.

You got skillz! Nice work on the visors and headliner, looking good.

Martin Evans

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well,

Nice! I've got a similar project going on right now. Complete interior. It's pretty challenging because the reason I'm doing it is because somebody thought it would be fun or something to light the inside of my truck on fire. While I'm fixing the existing wiring, I also decided to upgrade with a nice stereo (a Clarion VZ401 which has the retracting display screen and a bunch of other features - got it on craigslist for $10, score!), amp, sub as well as adding the power outside mirrors, compass/temperature inside mirror, 3rd brake light/cargo light, and power heated seats out of a Cadillac, plus some added 12v sockets, trailer brake and power wiring, and switches for future upgrades (lighting, etc.). Hopefully, when I'm finished, it will turn out as nice as yours did.

Attachments

• IMG_20230611_203237016.jpg
    IMG_20230611_203237016.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 44

Jskingry

Reaction score
Nice! I've got a similar project going on right now. Complete interior. It's pretty challenging because the reason I'm doing it is because somebody thought it would be fun or something to light the inside of my truck on fire. While I'm fixing the existing wiring, I also decided to upgrade with a nice stereo (a Clarion VZ401 which has the retracting display screen and a bunch of other features - got it on craigslist for $10, score!), amp, sub as well as adding the power outside mirrors, compass/temperature inside mirror, 3rd brake light/cargo light, and power heated seats out of a Cadillac, plus some added 12v sockets, trailer brake and power wiring, and switches for future upgrades (lighting, etc.). Hopefully, when I'm finished, it will turn out as nice as yours did.
The seats look great!