The Stupid Interior Questions Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAMDIDDY

Reaction score
Flooring: I have removed all the carpet and everything in order to do my body drop. Now that the floor is all welded up, I need to replace the carpet and such. What exactly goes down first? I remember there was some insulation, and like a pad. I would like to use some sort of dynamat to block road noise also.

Can I just put carpet over dynamat? or should there be some kind of pad in between?

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flooring: I have removed all the carpet and everything in order to do my body drop. Now that the floor is all welded up, I need to replace the carpet and such. What exactly goes down first? I remember there was some insulation, and like a pad. I would like to use some sort of dynamat to block road noise also.

Can I just put carpet over dynamat? or should there be some kind of pad in between?

Also raammat works good too.

anyone know where i can get some nice carpet pre formed for my floor in some random colors...like black?

Summit racing, rockauto

Marcos

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stupid question but I have a set of these seats and the console to install on my truck, they should just bolt right in right? I have a 94 with the 60/40 Seat.

attachment.php

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
I swapped those same style captains chairs in into my my 95 truck that had a 60/40. If the 40 side is on the passenger side then the passenger captains chair will bolt right in. The driver side will bolt in except for the front right bolt hole. You will have to drill a new hole for that mounting spot. As for the center console, you will probably have to drill holes to mount the rear bracket and the front holes as well. I'm not sure on the center console b/c I wasn't going to use the console anyway. I don't have that cab anymore either. I just recently scrap yarded it.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
you left the scrapyard in the console when you scrapped it.

What? I scrapped the cab. I threw away the center console several years ago. I probably should have kept it b/c it was in good shape but I moved several times and didn't need the extra crap to move.