Interior metal door panel hardware

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TommyJ1980

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello - 1998 k2500 5.7L 267,000miles

I have been messing with the driver side door for awhile, replaced the latch assembly and exterior handle. Had it back together except for one pushrod, waiting on some retainer clips to show up. Yesterday the window came off the track while I was rolling it up while driving. I can put it back in, but not a good sign - I'm curious if others have had problems with it jumping the track, and how to solve? I lubricated the tracks with silicone last time on both sides.

My other question is - the interior metal panel that's between the plastic trim, and the inside of the door has been removed so many times that all the original fastening hardware is gone, and has been replaced by screws and bolts that are the wrong size. I believe most of the interior retaining clips that the original bolts fasten to are also gone. Can anymore help direct me as to how to get new hardware to fasten this metal panel on? Super frustrating jacking around with all these ones that don't fit. Thanks in advance,

Tommy,
Longview, WA

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That one 10mm is likely loose or missing and the cause for the window coming out of the track. It's my #1 suspect anyway, have fixed a few people's trucks for this. If you're lucky it didn't manage to mangle the window regulator in the process.

Richard

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That one 10mm is likely loose or missing and the cause for the window coming out of the track. It's my #1 suspect anyway, have fixed a few people's trucks for this. If you're lucky it didn't manage to mangle the window regulator in the process.

Richard
Yup I agree with @someotherguy …that’s the issue . I just did all my actuators and lock rods and door handles .. that 10mm is easy forget to put back .. I forgot one time and never again down behind the door speaker . That or it’s been forgotten before by previous owner .
Speaking of I need to re- check mine soon my driver window has some (track) wobble . Im redoing all my lock latches and striker bolts .. ill look at that point

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello - 1998 k2500 5.7L 267,000miles

I have been messing with the driver side door for awhile, replaced the latch assembly and exterior handle. Had it back together except for one pushrod, waiting on some retainer clips to show up. Yesterday the window came off the track while I was rolling it up while driving. I can put it back in, but not a good sign - I'm curious if others have had problems with it jumping the track, and how to solve? I lubricated the tracks with silicone last time on both sides.

My other question is - the interior metal panel that's between the plastic trim, and the inside of the door has been removed so many times that all the original fastening hardware is gone, and has been replaced by screws and bolts that are the wrong size. I believe most of the interior retaining clips that the original bolts fasten to are also gone. Can anymore help direct me as to how to get new hardware to fasten this metal panel on? Super frustrating jacking around with all these ones that don't fit. Thanks in advance,

Tommy,
Longview, WA
Suggest Lmc truck ! If you want the right hardware . Or eBay search
Or just go to a yard and pay 5$ for the entire panel and clips . Once you do these doors enough you’ll know how to tear them down and back in no time .