Replacement Clips for Coverlay Door Panels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elplatano

Reaction score
Howdy, I have a 95 K1500 ECSB, and I recently purchased some used replacement door panels from Coverlay. The clips differ from those on OEM door panels and they did not come with all the clips and I am looking to get some replacements. I have seen some on amazon that look similar, but not sure if it theyll fit the bill. Any experience is appreciated

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When removing the door card, inner upholstery, try to pull the faster head only, the door panel plastics are getting very brittle with age. And the " keyhole" that the faster fits into can be blown out easy. I have a bag of spares, break them not the door card, and replace any iffy ones. :waytogo:
You must be registered for see images attach

elplatano

Reaction score
When removing the door card, inner upholstery, try to pull the faster head only, the door panel plastics are getting very brittle with age. And the " keyhole" that the faster fits into can be blown out easy. I have a bag of spares, break them not the door card, and replace any iffy ones. :waytogo:
Wait did you have to remove the part that the clip actually inserts into? It’s my understanding that with the cover lay system you have to remove the female and male end of the oem system and completely use there’s. Is it different?

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are yours reproduction of original or different than GM mounting? Do they use the GM fasteners ,? This company is one of largest, hardware, fasteners, clips, and so fourth. I use a lot if there parts. You can use OE part numbers to find hardware. Just like OE. GM stops parts support after a time. This company supports much hardware no longer available from GM.

elplatano

Reaction score
Are yours reproduction of original or different than GM mounting? Do they use the GM fasteners ,? This company is one of largest, hardware, fasteners, clips, and so fourth. I use a lot if there parts. You can use OE part numbers to find hardware. Just like OE. GM stops parts support after a time. This company supports much hardware no longer available from GM.
Correct, Coverlay Door panels are reproduction of OEM ones. So they dont use the original panel clips, the ones I am looking for look very similar to 19270 but have a "half-moon" oblong type shape on the top so they can lock into holes before being pressed into the actual door.

I just reached out to Coverlay and you can purchase clips but for $17.45 plus tax. Ill probably try some similar looking amazon ones and see what I can do.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Auveco catalog has just about everything. Why don't you try looking through there catalog of what's available, before starting a blind Google search. That's where I even found clips for my wife's Mini Cooper that BMW wanted a pound of flesh for 10 each.

elplatano

Reaction score
Goggle door panel clips then the year of your truck they will pop up
That would be a wonderful idea if these werent aftermarket panels that could use literally any fastener out there.

For any one in my same position Auveco 13461 clips match the specs pretty good.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a set of coverlay door panels,
I used dorman 454600 as replacements, got them at autozone, they seem like exact product coverlay provides when you buy the panels