98 k2500 interior panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMT4hundo

Reaction score
What’s up fellow GMT400 fans
As the title suggests I’m looking for a place other then Facebook marketplace or junkyards to buy new interior parts I’m wanting to basically do a full interior oem replacement for all panels and including the dash I plan on doing a full front rear seat conversion to a new model and just want to replace all the excess panels that are worn down over the years any suggestions help thanks

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For your 98, original door panels are discontinued so you’d have to run across a good used set. Coverlay (and maybe others) make reproductions but I’ve no experience with them.

The same goes for the dash - your options are either to put a cap/cover on it or find a good used one.

Check LMCTruck, npdlink.com or classicparts.com as they have some of the smaller odds and ends for the interior.

GMT4hundo

Reaction score
I really appreciate it thank you another question so im Wanting to switch out the front grille on mine to the one in the pic but clearly their diffrent am I lucky enough for it to be a direct fit? Or is their some trimming up either way it’s fine I just prefer the other I’d also be getting all new headlight assemblies for it as well

Attachments

• IMG_6540.jpeg
    IMG_6540.jpeg
    485.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_6563.png
    IMG_6563.png
    603.4 KB · Views: 4

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The front clips are completely different, you can't use a composite-headlight grill on a sealed-beam truck or vice versa. You'd have to swap out all the lighting as well, change headlight electrical connectors, etc... I think that's the only difference tho? I believe the core supports are the same, someone else may chime in on that front, I don't know a whole lot about the sealed-beam frontends.

GMT4hundo

Reaction score
The front clips are completely different, you can't use a composite-headlight grill on a sealed-beam truck or vice versa. You'd have to swap out all the lighting as well, change headlight electrical connectors, etc... I think that's the only difference tho? I believe the core supports are the same, someone else may chime in on that front, I don't know a whole lot about the sealed-beam frontends.
I’ve seen Mr.taillight has a conversion kit for the electrical swap but like you said from what I’ve seen core support looks the exact same on camera and from what I’ve seen video wise but their isn’t a video I can find that gives a full guide to it

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
The front clips are the same,( fender,hood, core support are refered to as the front clip)it is the grill and trim pieces that are different. The core supports will all fit, although some of the early ones are missing a few factory drilled holes for the air bag sensor and you will have to source mounting inserts for the grill mounting screws from GM or Au-Ve-co.
You can replace the entire headlight wiring harness fairly easily for the one to match your lights while the grill is out or, you can cut one kind of head light connector off and install the proper one with solder and heat shrink. If you change out the grill for a different year span (88-94)? or (95-99)? you will need to change the front bumper mounts and the front fender extensions that mount at the lower edge of the front fender below the side marker lights.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
What’s up fellow GMT400 fans
As the title suggests I’m looking for a place other then Facebook marketplace or junkyards to buy new interior parts I’m wanting to basically do a full interior oem replacement for all panels and including the dash I plan on doing a full front rear seat conversion to a new model and just want to replace all the excess panels that are worn down over the years any suggestions help thanks
what color are you looking for?

Pollo Dustino

Reaction score
They make LED sealed beam replacements now, I have a set on my '98 K2500 and they work fantastic. Drop in replacement.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media