Battery suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Johnson Controls is just up the road from my house.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Judging by others experiences with the stuff they make, maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental of them. But after my experiences with the failed Optima yellow tops they produced I can't help but stick up my nose a little.

Are the majority of their batteries actually produced here in the USA? I know the Optimas are made in Mexico now.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Judging by others experiences with the stuff they make, maybe I shouldn't be so judgemental of them. But after my experiences with the failed Optima yellow tops they produced I can't help but stick up my nose a little.

Are the majority of their batteries actually produced here in the USA? I know the Optimas are made in Mexico now.
No idea what percentage of their product is US made, but the factory here is stupid busy. A guy from church works there and they just came off mandatory 12 hr shifts. He'd been working that since before Thanksgiving.

DallasTahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve had mine pair of batteries (running duals) for about 3 years and not one issue at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is not a lot of battery manufacturing places out there.. From what I understand three or four !? I had read Johnson makes it but I don't know that to be a fact or not.
Seems logical. Kinda like motor oil. Many times the cheaper off brands are made in the same place as the higher priced name brands and they all have to go through the same set of restrictions and guidelines to be sold.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Makes me wonder where the autocraft batteries are manufactured...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Makes me wonder where the autocraft batteries are manufactured...

They're another Johnson Controls product, so I'm not sure. Seems like they make stuff all over the place.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This new one seems much better so far. I guess we'll see. I think I'll put a low voltage disconnect on it to preserve it since it doesn't get driven often and it gets hot here.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use to think Interstate was the best thing since sliced bread until I was a Interstate dealer for awhile... I will buy Maxx

I was with you I always bought Interstate batteries till I was low on cash and I bought a reconditioned Ultima battery it has lasted a long while another thing that I do is when my truck is parked for a period I put on a battery maintainer maybe that’s helping I don’t know.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was with you I always bought Interstate batteries till I was low on cash and I bought a reconditioned Ultima battery it has lasted a long while another thing that I do is when my truck is parked for a period I put on a battery maintainer maybe that’s helping I don’t know.
I got a battery maintainer/ charger, but the truck is in the driveway so the 2 cars get the garage. And I'm not running an extension cord out and leaving my hood ajar, Chevy 350's are too common around here to make my truck into a live donor for thieves. If I know I'm parking it for a while, I'll pull the negative cable. It's been a lot better since the warranty replacement on the battery, so I'm going to say it was just a bad battery, possibly a bad lot, who knows?