Battery suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I use to think Interstate was the best thing since sliced bread until I was a Interstate dealer for awhile... I will buy Maxx
One of those things where once you see sausage being made, all you want to do is make more sausage?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This question is about like asking what kind of oil to use, or what filter is best, or what tires should I buy. I ran 2 red top Optima dual post batteries for over 14 years. They were made in '04 and only died last year, I think because my boy took them out of the suburban and left them sitting on the ground for several months. I am a fan of Interstate. I have been using them in most vehicles I run, mostly because the local tractor store carries them. I like them just fine, running 2 in my Suburban now. I have had interstate batteries that last 10+ years. To each his own. I have had bad luck with walmart batteries and since the closest walmart is 250 miles away, I won't buy one from them.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of those things where once you see sausage being made, all you want to do is make more sausage?

More like once you see hot dogs being made, you'll never eat another hot dog!

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This question is about like asking what kind of oil to use, or what filter is best, or what tires should I buy. I ran 2 red top Optima dual post batteries for over 14 years. They were made in '04 and only died last year, I think because my boy took them out of the suburban and left them sitting on the ground for several months. I am a fan of Interstate. I have been using them in most vehicles I run, mostly because the local tractor store carries them. I like them just fine, running 2 in my Suburban now. I have had interstate batteries that last 10+ years. To each his own. I have had bad luck with walmart batteries and since the closest walmart is 250 miles away, I won't buy one from them.
Yeah, everybody is going to have an opinion, many are going to differ, nobody is forcing a response. What I don't see is anybody saying that they've had great experience with the battery I've purchased, and that's a bit different than oil and filter arguments. Just looking for a trend, is all. I appreciate the responses.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You don't have a battery problem, it sounds like you still have an electrical problem.

Leaving the headlights on for a couple hours will drain most batteries to the point where the truck won't start.

I use Walmart MAX batteries and have GMT 400's that sit for a week or more, in cold weather, and they start fine.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You don't have a battery problem, it sounds like you still have an electrical problem.

Leaving the headlights on for a couple hours will drain most batteries to the point where the truck won't start.

I use Walmart MAX batteries and have GMT 400's that sit for a week or more, in cold weather, and they start fine.
Makes me curious who actually makes the Walmart MAXX battery. Most likely, it's just a relabeled battery of some name brand that we've all heard of. Things like that just make me curious especially when so many people have good luck with it and it comes from a "big box store"

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I have ran them in a Pathfinder, G20, GMT 400 and never had to return one of them.. The G20 had a wheelchair lift that pulled heavy on the battery and that one was still going after 7 years and I replaced it because I was worried it may let me down being that old. All three of them went 7 years . I don't need to spend a 150 or more in a battery to believe it is a good one, I just go with what has worked year after year for me until they let me down then I will search out a new brand name and move on.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Makes me curious who actually makes the Walmart MAXX battery. Most likely, it's just a relabeled battery of some name brand that we've all heard of. Things like that just make me curious especially when so many people have good luck with it and it comes from a "big box store"
There is not a lot of battery manufacturing places out there.. From what I understand three or four !? I had read Johnson makes it but I don't know that to be a fact or not.