AGM battery?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 to 4 years, that's still really short compared to what I get with the same Walmart battery.
Well we’ll see I guess, I’m coming up on 3 years. When I bought the truck, it had an Everstart in it, the lower 650 cca. It went kaput a little over its 3 year warranty. I can’t speak for how it was maintained for its first 2 years in VA. I could get 6 years out of this 800 cca one for all I know. :shrug:I do occasionally maintain it on my MotoBatt Dual Bank Charger.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Did a quick search on electric eels as I thought I remembered something from my childhood....

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing's for sure; these suckers aren't the old cart-mounted Sun VAT-38 that I was used to back when I was a shop helper. I tried looking up specs on those but it's such old equipment I couldn't find what I was looking for. Some pics show the scale up top has two ranges - 100 and 500, been too many years for me to remember what scenario you'd pay attention to which scale.

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard
The 500 amp scale was used for testing the batteries and IIRC you put a 400 amp load on the battery for 10sec and the voltage had to not drop below 11V for the battery to pass. The 100 amp scale was for testing alternator output. You loaded the battery and watched the output. IIRC the alternator had to produce 85% of its rated output to pass.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I am cheap the bigest wally world battery I can gent my hands on but if I was going to spend some money on a fancy agm battery it is going to be a XS Power

jays96

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am going to run dual batteries. I went with this one because Its my current starting battery and instead of buying two new batteries or mix matching batteries. I will be removing my storage box and installing one there. One for starting one for stereo. Decided not to go AGM.
You must be registered for see images attach