Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok. I won't buy copper-clad aluminum on purpose. I've been tricked into buying some because it wasn't labeled and I was in a hurry. I deeply resent retailers/manufacturers even selling the crap. God bless copper.

I bought a spool of military-surplus 12-gauge silver-plated copper (Silver-clad Copper) inside Teflon insulation. Real quality stuff. Someday I'm going to re-wire my speakers with it.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I’m running a full skarbage setup.
it maybe entry level stuff but you could do way worse I am most likely going to do a mostly skar system I got a rp 2000.1d plan to get a 75.4ab and two pairs of tx46 kenwood kdc x705 paired with an ebay high output alternator ebay big 3 and two of the bigest wally world batteries I can fit I have off road lights and a winch so the I want all of the electrical I can swing

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it maybe entry level stuff but you could do way worse I am most likely going to do a mostly skar system I got a rp 2000.1d plan to get a 75.4ab and two pairs of tx46 kenwood kdc x705 paired with an ebay high output alternator ebay big 3 and two of the bigest wally world batteries I can fit I have off road lights and a winch so the I want all of the electrical I can swing
You just described my setup pretty much and it gets down hard, everyone has been impressed with it.
Ok. I won't buy copper-clad aluminum on purpose. I've been tricked into buying some because it wasn't labeled and I was in a hurry. I deeply resent retailers/manufacturers even selling the crap. God bless copper.

I bought a spool of military-surplus 12-gauge silver-plated copper (Silver-clad Copper) inside Teflon insulation. Real quality stuff. Someday I'm going to re-wire my speakers with it.
what didn’t you like about it? Obviously it’s cheaper for a reason and ofc(oxygen free copper) is the superior stuff but I just run some over sized cca and it still ends up being cheaper than smaller ofc and can handle the same amount of power. If I was worried about weight then I would go with the smaller ofc equivalent.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO 90% of people arnt pulling enough power to justify the cost of OFC in an audio system. If you’re in a high corrosion area and it’s exposed to the elements then its justified. Most of my system is OFC like speaker wire and some of the power wire. The stuff that is CCA is holding up just as well. Some dielectric grease can always help if you are worried about corrosion.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some dielectric grease can always help if you are worried about corrosion.
In industrial applications, when using aluminum wire, we used this stuff and checked connections every year. The aluminum expands and contracts much more than copper.

Last edited:

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I industrial applications, when using aluminum wire, we used this stuff and checked connections every year. The aluminum expands and contracts much more than copper.
I guess it’s not much of an issue in car audio applications as I had never heard anything about the aluminum stuff expanding/contracting more. Could be good to know.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I’m running a full skarbage setup. Monoblock is 2000 watts rms. 4 channel for component sets is 500 watts rms. Wired up with sky high 1/0 xl which imo is the best stuff on the market. It is massive and handles more than most 2/0 and even 4/0 cheaper stuff I’ve seen. I have clamped the system, it easily pulls over 100 amps continuous. Despite skars reputation I’ve built a number of systems with their stuff and have had zero issues besides some annoyed women in the house ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I started reading the replies and got through a couple pages till it got stupid. I have a 98 also and had an intermittent charging problem that turned out to be a corroded plug on the alternator