Battery power cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jays96

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently installed a stereo system in my truck. 2. DC audio 8-in subwoofers two DC audio amps and new door and pillar speakers. I upgraded all of my power wires including the wire from the fuse box. I installed a second battery where the storage box was. I updated all my grounds. 0 gauge for all power and grounds. And I used 4 gauge for my fuse box wire all ofc. Also, I upgraded to a 350 amp alternator from Ohio generator. Everything works great and sounds great. My question is the guy who helped me install it ran both of the power wires from the batteries to the back of the alternator. Many other articles I've seen say to run the power wire from the alternator to one battery then connect the positives on both batteries. Is there a difference having both power cables going to the back of the alternator or running a power cable from the alternator to one battery then connecting the positives on the two batteries. Hopefully my question makes sense

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
There's not really much of a difference when you're dealing with 0 gauge wire, tho imo alt to one battery to the other battery is a bit cleaner. But it shouldn't hurt anything running either way.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
No difference. Just make sure your batteries are brand new and date-matched. Otherwise they will drain each other.