Power box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Apologies if you’ve seen this twice, posted on the dumb questions sticky and didn’t get any activity so I’ll post here instead.

Probably been covered I suppose but fresh opinions never hurt… I’ve got a system I’m wiring up in my toolbox. I’ve run 2 gauge cable to the box from my battery (on my 95 k1500) to a fuse block I’ve built on a sliding tray in the box. From there it will run a 1000w power inverter and a 12v compressor for onboard air.
I have a second battery from my truck that has a lower cca rating than the battery im running now. My question is can I use a smart battery isolator and use this as a sort of auxiliary battery for these accessories to minimize pulling from my main one?
If yes does anyone have any suggestions as to what isolators are any good, and if no are there any issues with running them both (my accessories that is) off of my main battery? I realize alternator probably comes into play as well. I also will have the compressor on a relay/switch so it’s not just constantly running and is also on a separate fuse/circuit than the inverter.
I’m doing this project way overkill so I don’t burn my rig down so any suggestions are welcome