Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JozefRoberts

Reaction score
I have a 1994 Chevy K2500 with the 5.7 TBI and have been having issues with my fuses lately. Used a test light and there’s no power going to my “htr/ac, brake, 4x4, or crk” fuses. I have little experience with electrical and any ideas/suggestions would be helpful With these fuses not working, I have no speedometer (all other gauges work fine) my blower motor won’t work, my parking brake light is always on, and my 4x4 won’t engage

caminonut

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you haven’t added any or removed any electrical components, I would start by check any fusible links For continuity.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Ignition switch is the only common link between those fuses and the fusible link on the firewal that runs the entire ignition switch, so that's where I'd start. It will be the orange wire coming from the ignition switch, so you may be able to just jiggle it and it works, or the switch itself may have gone bad.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
*the ignition switch which by the way is not inside the column, but outside on the upper side of the tube, near the firewall inside the cab (1994 and older.) They don't often go bad but it's not impossible. And, someone may have been jacking with the wires down there trying to tap into a power source. Also, if you have a tilt column and the tilt joint is loose, ignition switch might not be getting proper actuation from the rod relayed by the ignition tumbler and associated crazy mechanism in there.

Richard