Adding speaker boxes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but have you actually tested these speakers? They look pretty beat to me. I'm not sure I'd spend the time and effort to remove the rear trim and access the speaker wires without knowing if they'd actually be an improvement over what's already there. Getting at the rear speakers without breaking anything is a pain.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but have you actually tested these speakers? They look pretty beat to me. I'm not sure I'd spend the time and effort to remove the rear trim and access the speaker wires without knowing if they'd actually be an improvement over what's already there. Getting at the rear speakers without breaking anything is a pain.
This makes sense!!!
Your better off accessing the wires from the under the door sill covers or under the dash. The trim is a royal pain in the a$$ and easy to break.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't tested them, but I did pull the boxes apart and inspect them. The speakers looked decent.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
D4S is nice, I bought a jp8 awhile back. Very nice quality.