Battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If
I don't know where the fuse is if you're talking about in the fuse box it's 15A but if it was drawing more than it should, wouldn't it be sitting lower than half? Because it dips down then goes right back to half
I'm talking about the fuse on the amplifier itself. Usually right next to where the power and ground wires are hooked up. And speaking of wires, what gauge are your power and ground wires? And where is the ground wire connected to the truck?

Feral peasant

Reaction score
If
I'm talking about the fuse on the amplifier itself. Usually right next to where the power and ground wires are hooked up. And speaking of wires, what gauge are your power and ground wires? And where is the ground wire connected to the truck?
I'll have to check that once I'm out of work, the power and ground if I remember correctly are 8 gauge, the ground is under my carpet connected to my cab the metal is bare no paint

Feral peasant

Reaction score
If
Couldn't find a fuse

Attachments

• IMG_20240316_165154213.jpg
    IMG_20240316_165154213.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20240316_164112966.jpg
    IMG_20240316_164112966.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 7

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t see too many amps with built in fuses anymore.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Couldn't find a fuse
So, quick lookup of that amp states it uses 35A for music, I doubt your running test tones or sine sweeps...lol.
So you should be ok with 8g wire.
But now look at the factory + and - cables at your battery. They need to be at least 8g as well, and I'm sure they are. But are they in good shape, no corrosion , loose etc.
Remember, like a chain it's only as strong as it's weakest link.
Now add in the constantly running fan, and you are probably overloading the factory system.

Get your fan issue fixed FIRST!!!!
Then see what happens.
Get your battery load tested, check your alternator output.
I know when I had my 1000w system in my truck, at a stop, in gear low idle, that dash gauge was dancing to the music as well. If I turned the fan down, it made it a lot better.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don’t see too many amps with built in fuses anymore.
Must be that new fangled digital stuff!! Lol
I like my amps hot enough to cook a hotdog on!!
My Phoenix Gold XS 2500 and 2300 amps will get awful toasty when the dial is up.
2-30a fuses and 1-30a fuse respectfully, they can certainly draw some power.

Feral peasant

Reaction score
So, quick lookup of that amp states it uses 35A for music, I doubt your running test tones or sine sweeps...lol.
So you should be ok with 8g wire.
But now look at the factory + and - cables at your battery. They need to be at least 8g as well, and I'm sure they are. But are they in good shape, no corrosion , loose etc.
Remember, like a chain it's only as strong as it's weakest link.
Now add in the constantly running fan, and you are probably overloading the factory system.

Get your fan issue fixed FIRST!!!!
Then see what happens.
Get your battery load tested, check your alternator output.
I know when I had my 1000w system in my truck, at a stop, in gear low idle, that dash gauge was dancing to the music as well. If I turned the fan down, it made it a lot better.
Yeah I think the fan problem is caused because the switch to control the speeds busted but since I unplugged the fuse it's been sitting steady one tick after half, yeah no I didn't run any tests just tossed them in lol thank you I'll get those all tested tomorrow

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be that new fangled digital stuff!! Lol
I like my amps hot enough to cook a hotdog on!!
My Phoenix Gold XS 2500 and 2300 amps will get awful toasty when the dial is up.
2-30a fuses and 1-30a fuse respectfully, they can certainly draw some power.
I’m running a full skarbage setup. Monoblock is 2000 watts rms. 4 channel for component sets is 500 watts rms. Wired up with sky high 1/0 xl which imo is the best stuff on the market. It is massive and handles more than most 2/0 and even 4/0 cheaper stuff I’ve seen. I have clamped the system, it easily pulls over 100 amps continuous. Despite skars reputation I’ve built a number of systems with their stuff and have had zero issues besides some annoyed women in the house ;)

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this at all.

Are we talking about copper cable vs. copper-clad aluminum?
It is cca, they make an ofc version which is superior but at a cost… I’m saying I prefer the “sky high car audio” wire over any other brand as I have tested many and this wire surpassed others in quality and performance. The copper itself inside the insulation of this stuff is nearly double the diameter of some cheaper 1/0 wire I have worked with.

Attachments

• IMG_2448.jpeg
    IMG_2448.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: