Would you drive 2300 miles based on these conditions -

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Forgot to mention, Washington and Oregon have laws that say you must carry snow chains in a 4x4 even if you dont use them. Im pretty sure that Utah and Colorado do to but I dont remember.
Its not a primary offence but if they pull you over for something else they can write a ticket for that too.
I wouldnt put chains on a 4x4 unless I was on my way to the North Pole.
Its just bad for the drivetrain.
Check your local goodwill and buy em cheap and never use them.

Chains in CO only required of your tire lacks a snowflake on the sidewall.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My grandma died on Tuesday. I'm leaving about 6am tomorrow to do about 750 miles in our 280k burb with a completely worn out front end and an LS that has been lightly knocking for years. I will be emptying her apartment into a uhaul trailer and bringing it all up here. I'm not worried, other than the 2 items mentioned above it is in fine shape. It recently went a bit over 1600 miles towing my 20' 12k rated trailer and drug home a 93 K3500 diesel eclb.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My grandma died on Tuesday. I'm leaving about 6am tomorrow to do about 750 miles in our 280k burb with a completely worn out front end and an LS that has been lightly knocking for years. I will be emptying her apartment into a uhaul trailer and bringing it all up here. I'm not worried, other than the 2 items mentioned above it is in fine shape. It recently went a bit over 1600 miles towing my 20' 12k rated trailer and drug home a 93 K3500 diesel eclb.

That's a shame around the holidays. Be safe and I'm curious about the 93?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
If the truck doesn't "GO", people get angry.

If the truck doesn't "STOP" and "TURN", people get dead.

Inspect/repair the brakes, steering, suspension before you leave. Make sure the spare tire winch works properly.
And when you're checking on that spare tire winch, be sure to check the air pressure in the tire too. It's no fun having a flat or low spare. I was lucky Thursday night that I had the tire pump in the Burb and that it worked. Spare looked great and has no damage, but only had 15 psi......

FarmerPhil

Reaction score

I am humbled you chose to share such an intimate detail on this personal travel thread. I can’t guarantee you I will have the truck, but I know if I do end up driving it - I will definitely be thinking of ur grandma.

RIP