Thoughts on Jet Performance Programmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will also add the L31s typically run extremely fat on fuel in stock form. About 15 years ago, I had a buddy with more $$$ than EFI knowledge put a Granatelli MAF on his C4 LT1. The car had previously been tuned using the stock MAF. Granatelli calibrates their MAF for a bone stock car on stock tune. The WOT fueling had already been leaned out and with the MAF change, the car lost power. He was going to throw the MAF in the trash. I grabbed it from him and I threw it on the van just to see what would happen. It was on the stock 97 black box and tuning at the time. The long term fuel trims cruising around stayed exactly where they had been, but the MAF knocked ~5% off the upper RPM MAF readings. Just leaning it out from 11.5 to 12.5 gained ~8 whp. I learned how to essentially clone the Granatelli MAF on my own, although I did not have the fancy plastic housing ends to minimize heat soak. I made probably 10 of those ported MAFs for stock LT1s, LS1s and L31s and on stock tuning they all gained power. In this time and age, I am surprised someone is not 3d printing housing ends for our MAFs.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: