Thoughts on Jet Performance Programmer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any thoughts on this JET Performance Programmer? model #15024
You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not worth the money considering the limited capabilities they have IMO. Fine for simple stuff like changing tire sizes or or removing the speed limiter, but the built in "tunes" for different octane fuels are only good for stock trucks and have no customization.

For another $100 you could buy a copy of JET DST instead and have so much more control over everything.

TonyM

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
IMO none of the gas engine "tuners" are worth the price. No real gains to be had, even though everyone that bought one claims they "feel" a difference. I guess sure, you'll feel different shifting (firmer or softer, or whatever you choose) or a more sensitive throttle, but to gain a half second in the 1/4 or anything like that, it just won't happen. Now if you're boosted or running a diesel then yes, gains you can actually feel. But for N/A gas engines, smiles per miles will be very little. Again this is just me and my thoughts

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
IMO none of the gas engine "tuners" are worth the price. No real gains to be had, even though everyone that bought one claims they "feel" a difference. I guess sure, you'll feel different shifting (firmer or softer, or whatever you choose) or a more sensitive throttle, but to gain a half second in the 1/4 or anything like that, it just won't happen. Now if you're boosted or running a diesel then yes, gains you can actually feel. But for N/A gas engines, smiles per miles will be very little. Again this is just me and my thoughts

A real tune makes a real difference.

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for the input yall. really just getting this to easily change wheel size but I am going to get a real tune after my 383 build and 4L80E swap.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
thanks for the input yall. really just getting this to easily change wheel size but I am going to get a real tune after my 383 build and 4L80E swap.

In that case I would highly recommend paying the extra $100 for JET DST software instead of the handheld programmer. It will be much more useful to you in the future and you can familiarize yourself with it by doing the tire size/speedo correction that you need now. Any laptop with a USB port and a Windows operating system will run DST.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
what year is your truck if it is a 98 or newer get hptuners or efi live if you have a 96 or 97 get the jet dst you may also want to do a 0411 swap

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a 97. already talked to a local tune shop and he runs HPtuners and it won't support 97 or lower. I might look into the JET DST. How hard is it to use? I'm also 0411 swapping it once I get the new motor and tranny built here in a few months.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
I do not know much about tuning other then youtube videos never seen the jet dst once you do the 0411 swap you can use hptuners

best97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that's why I'm 0411 swapping after engine swap. It'll make it easier to tune that 383 and 4L60E. I might end up getting Jet DST if it isn't super hard to use, I have a few friends that need there trucks to be tuned and if it isn't all that hard I can do it for them as well.