Windshield washer fluid jet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Try use a straight needle to clean out the holes or use air pressure and blow from front to back.
I’ve done that multiple times myself to no avail. My blockage must be beyond the needle. I haven’t explored any further because driver’s side works just fine, like OPs.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If the p/s squirter is not clogged, and it still could be clogged, then the pressure feed at the squirter itself is weak for some reason. Have you already checked the pressure to that squirter?

I guess I got two people with squirter problems. @Erin is jumping in on this thread.

"What in the name of the 'Wide Wide World of Sports' is going on here"?

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the hose off the backside of the squirter and see if the nozzle is still clogged. If not, work your way back through the system.

"What in the name of the 'Wide Wide World of Sports' is going on here"?
Nobody under the age of 50 gets that reference any more. It's a cryin' shame. "The little basturd shot me in the back!"

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've soaked mine in white vinegar hoping to get them to clean up. It did help; I went from completely clogged nozzles to one that works, and one that kinda works. I think I also have the section of hose between the pump and the T leaking as I get a lot more washer fluid draining out of the cowl than I think I should be seeing. Already cut the ends shorter where they connect to the nozzles because the hose had stretched and wasn't sealing tightly, so I'll just run all new hose next time I go in there.

Richard

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
I have noticed that the passenger side almost always has a longer hose going to the nozzle from the T fitting. If you re-do those hoses to equal length they will even out the flow.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have noticed that the passenger side almost always has a longer hose going to the nozzle from the T fitting. If you re-do those hoses to equal length they will even out the flow.
Shouldn't be necessary. Most washer nozzles have a spring loaded check ball in them to maintain prime for a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise you'd dry-swipe the wipers frequently as the hoses would empty back into the reservoir.

Richard