2004 Impala LS (3.8L) Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So I was looking my mom's car over yesterday (2004 Impala LS 3.8L) and I noticed something. The main engine wiring harness connector runs over the top of the battery on the passenger side, and is supposed to be held in place on a support bracket by a little Christmas tree clip that's hooked onto the connector. This one was loose and just flopping around on top of the battery. I shoved the Christmas tree back into place, but it's obviously a little worn and isn't holding as firmly as I'd like. I spent a couple hours last night and today trying to find a part number for that Christmas tree clip and I can't find anything! It doesn't help that Nemiga has no Impala diagrams and Wholesale GM Parts Online (the last site I was aware of that had a similar browsing system to Nemiga) is now offline... What is this thing and where can I get one? Here's a picture I screen-grabbed from a YouTube video, I circled the offending part in red.

You must be registered for see images attach

As a side note, see the filler neck for the windshield washer tank? There's supposed to be a clip of some sort there holding it to the inner fender. That was missing on my mom's car as well. I shoved a random one I had laying around in there and it seems to be working fine, but I'm curious what was originally supposed to be there. I found a diagram for the windshield washer tank but of course that one piece is completely missing from said diagram.

Also checked Auveco and I can't find anything there either...

EJ_74

Reaction score
The inner fender has a slot for a speed nut and bolt to hold the washer fluid neck. But I have also seen many with just a plastic push in retainer. Not sure if the factory changed it after a certain year or if it's from people working on them and losing the nuts at some point

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I have some of those that should work if necessary, but was hoping to find the correct piece that clips to the factory connector.

I think I may have found it... Aptiv (formerly Delphi) part number 15366052. Not entirely sure if this is it, but it looks very close. I found it by filtering "blue" automotive mounting clips from Aptiv on Mouser. :lol:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/15366052?qs=3WadRV20yGyG2NIFJlhK9w==

Of course it's not in stock and a Google search isn't coming up with anything either. Great...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I sent a quote request to Mouser for five of them. I doubt they'll even bother as the factory pack size is listed at 2500, but we'll see.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have some of those that should work if necessary, but was hoping to find the correct piece that clips to the factory connector.

I think I may have found it... Aptiv (formerly Delphi) part number 15366052. Not entirely sure if this is it, but it looks very close. I found it by filtering "blue" automotive mounting clips from Aptiv on Mouser. :lol:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Aptiv-formerly-Delphi/15366052?qs=3WadRV20yGyG2NIFJlhK9w==

Of course it's not in stock and a Google search isn't coming up with anything either. Great...
Sure does look like the correct part. Ordering 2500 of them does not sound like a good deal though. I would contact a dealer or two and see if they can either have it or can get it. Even if you have to get maybe 5 of them, but those parts at the dealer, would likely be close to $5 to $8 each.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can usually order smaller quantities from Mouser. Just Friday I ordered six EV6 fuel injector connectors and terminals for my son's Chrysler. Last year I ordered ignition coil connectors and terminals for the same car. Stupid cheapskate wire harness.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can usually order smaller quantities from Mouser.

Here's hoping... I've bought from them several times before but never had to have them special order anything. All the stuff I've bought previously has been in stock and ready to ship.

The best way to get one of those would probably be from a local salvage yard.

I thought about that too, but I'm afraid that most of them may be getting brittle like this one is. They are 20 year old plastic at this point. I may be making a trip to a yard later this month, I'll check if I have the opportunity.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I thought about that too, but I'm afraid that most of them may be getting brittle like this one is. They are 20 year old plastic at this point. I may be making a trip to a yard later this month, I'll check if I have the opportunity.

It does get some engine heat, but it's out of the sun, so it might be ok. Here's an idea, Though. If the existing part can be slid out of it's home, on the connector, how about cutting the existing peg/post/pin off, drilling a hole, and pushing a new regular pin through from the back?

Last edited: